Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=52487][attachment=52488]..im ganna try to weld it back together cant get any worse then it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
and how did this come about?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my sleds pretty old its a 91 so the pipe was a little rust eaten . and i went off this jump and landed a little hard.. then the sled became really really loud so i killed it opened the hood and thats what i saw

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
then when you go to weld it up make sure you get all the rust off and sand the area that you are going to weld. Also try and do a "test weld" on some similar material or another part of the pipe to make sure you have the settings correct because welding to pieces of broken tubing is not an easy thing to do especially if you have the setting wrong

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
What did you think the loud noise was at first?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought it just slipped off the manifold.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
That might be tough to weld, use a low setting, maybe even try brazing.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
come to think of it now if you have never welded on exhaust pipe before (I don't know if you have or not) but if you haven't you might be better off trying to patch the whole with a filler piece of metal that would cover the gap when the two pieces are fitted together

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Polarisindy400
[br]well my sleds pretty old its a 91 so the pipe was a little rust eaten . and i went off this jump and landed a little hard.. then the sled became really really loud so i killed it opened the hood and thats what i saw

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i agree tig is the best way but its still easy to mig brazing will fix that up to, so whichever is available to you.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Buy a used one off ebay. You can get them for around 30 or so shipped.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^
Or to fix it even quicker, Take a ride out to Frog Alley and see Mike at M&P performance and salvage. He might have a pipe there that you can replace it with, or he might be able to weld it for you.
Wherever in Mukwonago you are it can't take more than 15 min's to get there, they're only 3 miles from My house.
Rick

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was just out their like 2 weeks ago all theirs indys are scraped down to the tunnel

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well i just found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Polaris-XCR-440-EXHAUST-MUFFLER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ100456QQihZ010QQitemZ200058185463QQrdZ1
So ill see how that goes. its off a 94 xcr 440 and the parts number match.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts