Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the grass drags this past weekend, and alot of people were running their sleds without exhaust silencers on them, is there any power to be made there, I thought 2 cycle needed the back pressure of the silencers? I'm thinking about making some sort of turn down pipe that becomes smaller at the exit point so it builds up some back pressure, but I don't know how small to make it, its something that I'm going to have to experiment with I figure. I'll probally have the exhaust exits through the OEM location, that way, I don't have to drill holes into the hood or anything. Could I put something on there when I'm racing drags, and put the SLP silencer when I'm on the trails, I got the SLP single pipe & silencer on there now. I have 210 jets for the main now, would It change those at all?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The sleds you saw would have had tuned expansion chambers one per cylinder and the exhaust would have exited through reduced size correct length stingers. You can melt your pistons if you play with homemade exhaust ideas with out EGTs I wouldnt try if I were you. hotrod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts