Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
/snofan/../images/users/OSCEOLACABIN/2000 Ski-Doo Formula Z.jpg

I recently purchased this sled, for what I believe is a steal. This is my second sled, the first being a 1988 Polaris Indy Trail. The Polaris provided the hook into snowmobiling and also numerous sore backs. Several questions with this new sled:

1. Reliability?
2. Mechanics?
3. Trail ride?

Vast majority of ridding to be in the Tug Hill area (Osceola/Redfield/Camden/Lowville). Primarily non aggressive style (family), with numerous opportunities to open it up. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
those are nice sleds....very powerful, quiet and comfturable. What year is that. It has the zx hood,but has the older grpahics?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a 1998 Formula Z 670 (3000 miles). I also purchased this machine (package deal). Both sleds have hand & thumb warmers / shield plug / electric start / reverse / 144 picks. I've sold this sled to my brother in-law (everyone needs a riding partner). He was riding an 1979 Artic Cat last year.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
sharp sled!!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nice clean looking sled. I have heard good things about the 670 motor. Strong and reliable. One of my riding buddies is always pulling in front of me and spraying sh??? all over me with his.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That thing looks sweet.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
that is one cool sled, i believe that is the only year they had the formula name on the zx chassis, which you should love.. whats it got for a motor 583,600??? kind of rare bird, too cool!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts