Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those that had these on their ride stock..Did you like them?
Is it a good track? O.k track? Great Track??
Either the 1" or the 1.25" Version?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
It is a good track, not as good as a ripsaw but good none the less.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I had a .91 Shockwave on my '01 600 XC and its OK on hardpack, but in loose snow it sucks.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Octane, If I recall, you were in the market for a new track. Which one did you decide to go with?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a .91 on my 01 600 XC and thought that it was a pretty good track, especially when comparing it to the .75 (or whatever) on my '92 RXL. It stood up to alot of abuse and still looked good after 5000 miles except for one side whch got torn up on the edge of a steel culvert (don't ask).The rest of it was almost perfect though. Before I studded it I used to beat my buddy on his studded Doo out of the hole and on top end. The only thing I didn't like was braking in loose snow conditions. But as with most things the newer the better. The Ripsaw on my Fuse is that much better again. What you can get the Shockwave for? Royal has a 121" Ripsaw for 588.99. If its within $150-200 I'd consider how tight your money is. Yes it is 1/3 better. IMAO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shockwave is a Good track mine came with 1" but it sucked in loose snow id go with the Ripsaw which I have on my XC 700 with 96 mega-bite studs and it hooks up like crazy...i bought my ripsaw 1 1/4 track from www.tracksusa.com for about 325 out of the box and new not used for 325 but shipping brought it up to 375 or somthing like that but it was worth it compared to buying from dennis kirk or other places... otherwise the SHOCKWAVE is an allright track...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]Octane, If I recall, you were in the market for a new track. Which one did you decide to go with?
He went with a 1.25 ripsaw from tracksusa for $299 + shipping.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The 1.25 Shockwave is the stock track on my sled - I find it works very well - I can't compare it to a 1.25 Ripsaw as I have not been on a sled with a 1.25 Ripsaw.

On one of the other sites someone tested the shockwave vs the ripsaw and actually liked the shockwave better.

The price sounds good - I'd go for it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
What does the shockwave look like? I have a 1.25" now, went up from the stock .82 or what ever it was. Hook up is great, fairly good in the deep stuff. Can't compare it to a rip saw but I'm very happy with it.

EDIT: My track is the stock track but in a 1.25". Same as the 2003 700 SKS track.What track is it??

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]Octane, If I recall, you were in the market for a new track. Which one did you decide to go with?
I went with a 121" 1.25" lug Ripsaw. I posted the question about which is the best track on a few forums and I didnt really get any clearcut answer.
When I called TracksUSA to order my track I asked them what track I should get, told them the conditions that I ride in (packed down in the morning and chewed up in the afternoon) and they suggested the Ripsaw.
I ordered the track last Thursday, they said it should arrive in 2 days and it arrived today. Overall, Im very pleased with TracksUSA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts