Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinkin about buyin a aluminum sled deck for my 07chev 2500HD diesel. I am new to snowmob[attachment=50971]iling. My first question is how hard is it unloading a sled that dont have reverse? How does the truck handle with weight up high. I see a lot of decks aroud here and think it would pretty slick. Also I have 6 inch lift on truck so would be pretty high.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I personally have never used one but have thought of making one. I do not think many people one here use them, at least I have not seen or heard of many using them. You might want to check Snowest on this, I know there are a lot of Sleddeck users on that site.

DW

·
Registered
841 Posts
All we ever used was a deck. I only bought a trailer 5 years ago, when the trucks weren't trucks anymore. With todays trucks, 2 sleds in the back and it's overloaded. But a man-truck like yours can handle the load.
As for the height, the ramp might be a bit steep, but I have seen 2 piece ramps that fix that problem.
Also with no reverse, you do have to man handle it back a few feet and then they just slide down the ramp.
IMO, they are a good setup.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'll try searching the topic for you there was a previous post on this topic and I will do my best to help you out man. I know there was a guy let me try and find it.

Welcome to the Site

Sled_Crew

·
Registered
764 Posts
is that a long box?? If not dont bother, i tried making one for my short box recently and it didnt work. But i like the idea of them, and ya u would need a 2 piece ramp for sure cause thats quite a steep climb with little traction

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Can someone please inform me what a sled deck is supposed to do for you?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
since you have a truck make a snowbank, put like a big piece of plywood so the carbides dont get stuck on the tailgate. then it should slide right off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your truck would look sick with a deck. If you do get one, go with the marathon. It's a bit more $$ but it's best deck by far. I checked them out for a while and went with the marathon, you can get a 12 foot ramp too if you're sketched by the angle, but you may not even need one.

Originally posted by ntv69
[br]I am thinkin about buyin a aluminum sled deck for my 07chev 2500HD diesel. I am new to snowmob[attachment=50971]iling. My first question is how hard is it unloading a sled that dont have reverse? How does the truck handle with weight up high. I see a lot of decks aroud here and think it would pretty slick. Also I have 6 inch lift on truck so would be pretty high.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
none in my town has a sled deck like those pics shown, they have some made out of wood in my town and it don't go on top on the bed it goes inside, it looks better inside and it dont hang out the sides

1 - 10 of 10 Posts