Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Got this sled with a bit busted up corner [B)]. Wasnt planning on doing anything about it for awhile but I went to the local dealer for kicks and giggles they ended up havinga 440 hood they gave me for a 100 bucks.

So I was wondering what I should do. After I get 440 hood on. I'm debating because If I just had a 670, I wouldnt care and probably go with other option than stock. But since I have a HO, I want to advertise it. If I go with the last option, I think I want to atleast get the MXZ decal from mine cuz dont like the look of the one on the 440.

New bumper on the way too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I meant to put a "other" option but hit enter accidently have putting in blank hood and it posted it. If theres other suggestions, please, feel free. Any links would be great too.

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
If it must be decals, I'd personally go with a kit. I like when a sled has a "theme" going on, which usually happens when it's one main idea. Be it flames, a 'tear-away' format, Monster Energy, or whatever the matter may be.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The 440 hood thing is cheap, I say go back to stock decals or leave it blank

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thought crossed my mine for newer mxz decal, and putting ho next to the 440. Really throw someone for a loop. But thats approaching rice territory though with slapping type r all over lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Originally posted by TheJcode
[br]But thats approaching rice territory though with slapping type r all over lol.
But everybody knows that they are good for 5-10 HP easy! [;)]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha, thats true! *slaps nos everywhere.

Anyone else? Seems 440 sleeper is the majority.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the 440 hood on tonight. Kinda bummed cuz its a tad different shade of yellow. More towards the orange while the ho hood was a bright yellow. Along with the rest of the sled : (. Doesnt look to bad i guess but I'll take the none busted hood anyday.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I like the 440 on the hood for a sleeper idea. kind of like putting triumph on the xcr 800.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, I'll get one tomorrow. Was dark by time i got home. Gotta love winter, dark by time its 530 : /

We came to the conclusion too that the last guy musta rode the sled hard. The hood we pulled off had a part number like it was put on after the original one got trashed.

We were discussing maybe finding a black belly pan and painting this 440 hood black. Thoughts on that?

If I did that, could I get a zx belly pan and hood? Though not that big of a deal if i dont.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To hold you over in the meantime though, I bought a new jacket [8D]

$300 skidoo jacket for 40% off when I bought the hood so couldnt resist.

Best pic I got for now.[attachment=49299]

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that was a random spurt of working late so it was dark when i got home. Hm. So anyways, charged the camera quick and got these. Notice the sun, and its like 45-50 out >: /

MXZ decal difference. I just like the decals of the ho more in general looking at it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.