Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from the hospital but I wasn't the one that got hurt.[:D] It was my riding buddy Noah. He is still in the hospital[xx(] We were taking the last ride before the snow disappeared today and we went into an unfamiliar field. I was riding my ultra and he was riding his old phazer and we were doing between 60-70 depending on who's speedo you were looking at. We were shooting across a bean field right at dusk and all of a sudden a driveway appeared 10ft in front of us. At 70 we couldn't stop! It was one of those driveways that has a ramp to it. Needless to say that at 70mph and that ramp we both launched off it. We flew 80ft at 8ft in the air before we landed. We both were thrown off and the phazer rolled. The ultra landed upright and stopped about another 80ft away.

When I got up Noah was screaming saying his leg was broke. And it was. He is in surgery right now getting a pin and screws put into his right femor. He also broke the ball in his right shoulder. I don't know how I was able to walk away from that. I was pulling away from him when we hit the driveway.

The phazer is fixable and Noah will get out of the hospital in about 4 days.

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
Ouch, that's a crappy way to end a ride.

I wish him a speedy recovery! [:I]

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
wow, best of luck to your friend, I have a nephew that went through some of the same injuries that he got during a quad wreck. He is now in great spirit's and up walking about on his own, He's also been back on the 4 wheeler's although he hasn't taken them past 20 mph yet. With that said, I hope that your friend has a speedy recovery and is able to get out there and enjoy a few more rides before the season is over.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Ouch, be careful. Know your surrounding before riding like you stole it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know whats worse! We both got trespassing tickets and too fast for condition tickets!!! We were 20 yards from the road. I hate living near Chicago! If I was back in Leaf River were there are marked trails this never would have happened! Now my right hand is killing me and I'm finding it hard to type. I guess I'm not injury free. I'll let him know that everyone from snowmobile fanatics wishes him well. Thanks for caring.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
you should go slow on a new unfamilar trail, but howp he gets better soon

·
Registered
129 Posts
Best of luck to you and your friend get your hand checked out

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hope he gets better soon

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to a walk in clinic now. I can't even touch my hand and its swollen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. You gotta be careful when you are goin' that fast, anything can pop out and you'd never be able to stop for anything going that fast.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Consider yourself lucky to be alive to pay the ticket. It couldve turned out a lot nastier than that. Hope you and your buddy get well enough to go riding again soon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I hope your buddy can make a full recovery, those are not minor injuries. A broken femur can easily result in death.

Not to preach, I am all for pushing it in familiar surroundings, but it seems like you and your were very close to being a statistic in a headline that we would read in the paper.

Get well soon and keep sleddin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yah.. that sucks, i wish him a speedy recovery... That could have been as bad as my cousins story. Him and his friend were riding at about 60, when his friend hit a patch of ice, went sideways, and got thrown off, but to end it, he hit a pole, and it tore his arem halfway off.... he hasnt gone sledding since, and its been like 3 years... you have to be carefull riding where youre not used to it

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I wish your friend a speedy recovery. At least you can both talk about it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
never broke my lag but i have broke the ball in my shoulder like your friend did and does it hurt oh man does it ever. sry to hear what happened. nick

·
Registered
690 Posts
sorry to hear that, hope you and your friend get better, my nephew just broke his arm from a four wheeler wreck, he was looking back at his brother and hit a flag pole, he was doing about 25-30 so it wasn't real fast but it tore his wheeler up pretty bad

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey hope the both of you get better soon, i think we have all had some close calls one time or another. Hope you both get back on the sleds and ride again. Speedy recovery

1 - 20 of 37 Posts