Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the beginning of my project to customize the perfect sled!(never ends). Will keep updating as time and money allow. So far I have plans to completely go through and CLEAN and polish( you will be able to see your face in the tunnel and Suspension) and add a SLP pipe with a rumble pac silencer, a team roller clutch, and update the reeds. along with some eye candy such as a riser block, some grips, and others. Tell me what you think!/snofan/../images/users/snoquest/Latestproject.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
very sharp sled!!Gotta love modds..I like your signs/posters on the wall to..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! It is a 2001 RMK I bought from a local dealer, and it has 262 actual miles!!! couldn't believe it, so I had to buy it. As for the "shop" my buddy and I started a little business customizing and detailing sleds. We also buy some late model sleds and completely go through them and sell them (hopefully for some money). We have done it all summer to get some extra $$ so we can trick out our own sleds. We are just nuts for sledding. I will post some of our projects and our sleds as the dough rolls in.
GREAT to be in the site, and look forward everyday to talk sleds!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by snoquest
[br]
Originally posted by Flange
[br]What product do you use to polish aluminum?
Yea, that worked good[xx(]
Anyhow, We use a product called Mothers Aluminum Polish. Bought at any Car Parts Store. I works Great!!! Just labor intensive, and have a lot of clean rags available.

·
Registered
948 Posts
700 or 800, what track is it? 141 X 2?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Nice looking sled. I think I'm gonna pic up some of that aluminum polish and shine up the tunnel on my T-cat while I wait for parts to arrive. Need an excuse to sit in the Garage and dream about riding the beast.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I use that on my truck exhaust tip. It works great.

·
Registered
874 Posts
[br]
[br]
Originally posted by Flange
[br]What product do you use to polish aluminum?
Yea, that worked good[xx(]
Anyhow, We use a product called Mothers Aluminum Polish. Bought at any Car Parts Store. I works Great!!! Just labor intensive, and have a lot of clean rags available.
Alright! That just happens to be the stuff I bought a couple weeks ago. I'll try it out this weekend. I bought a power polisher too. I'm getting too old for the elbow grease BS. No time!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Your right about that polish snoquest, it worked wonders for me. My power polisher worked great on the tunnel where it would fit. Unfortunetely, I need one with a smaller diameter to get into the corners and also do the areas around the foot grips. A guy can really rip the hell out of his hands if he's not careful.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Boy I bet that could be hard on a guy catching traction and slamming your hands against those sharp edges. I am going to have to do mine all my hand but what the heck should look sharp when done. Can't seem to concentrate today looking out the window at the new snow in the mountains. I've gotta go.

·
Registered
874 Posts
It really does look good when your done. Does anyone have any good suggestions for removing the manufacturer's stickers on the side of the tunnel? I can't read mine anymore so I think I'll just remove them completely.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
The wife's old hairdryer works perfect... or her new one for that matter but be prepared to buy her a new one. ;-)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ya, I tried the hair dryer. These aren't the soft decals you find on the hood. These things are heavier and put on with some kind of super glue. I ended up using a product called "Goof-Off". I think it's just lighter fluid in a fancy container...but it worked.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Norway
[br]Nice sled! it will rock when your done!!
Well, Thought I would keep updating as things progress. As you can see, everything is getting polished(not done yet) Sespension parts just got back from the sandblaster, and ready for priming and painting. Going to paint the ski saddles, suspension parts, and polish the rails. Trying to find a good place to make the graphics. Any ideas?[:D]PS, here is a pic of my buddy at our detailing shop.
/snofan/../images/users/snoquest/01 rmk before.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts