Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a question regarding boring a 440 fuji fan, what is the maximum over-bore that one of these engines can handle reliably? also what are the displacements with each bore size.... and finally what is the h.p. of these motors with standard bore... thanks for the replies.... also remember that the snow is coming!!![thumb]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anyone know if 488 jugs will work on a 440 fan? this might be a better alternative to boring the 440 to its max...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was going to say, put 488 jugs on it. probably around 55 hp stock

·
Registered
591 Posts
Over boring a two stroke hardly adds any power. If your motor needs a topend, get it bored as little as possible, so that it can be bored over again if you need to rebuild it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gto0209 said:
Over boring a two stroke hardly adds any power. If your motor needs a topend, get it bored as little as possible, so that it can be bored over again if you need to rebuild it.
i wasnt thinking to add power, i just want to know where the 440 stands compared to the 488 if the 440 is bored does it reach 488? is the crank, rods, and block the same between the two? if i was to take '98 xc 700's 488 jugs do they bolt direct to the 440 block?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts