Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my snowmbile has been running fine all of a sudden it just bogged down and shut off but i believe that was because i was nearly out of gas. i filled it up and it ran good for a little bit then it just bogged down...now i started it up and realized the over flow tubes on the carbs are like pouring out gas and it will hardly run...any suggestions?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like the floats in the carbs are stuck down or should say the needle that the foat raises and lowers for more gass is stuck. You will have to remove the carbs and then clean the needle jet it is probably gummed up, it dont take much for them to stick.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is a 92 ski doo. i got this sled a month or 2 ago and i can't wait to sell it inthe fall ro next winter it has been problems from day 1.

·
Registered
312 Posts
yeah , you might have a little water in there 2 , but just sounds like your carbs need cleaning cause the floats are sticking UP ,,, check it out

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got her fixxed...tore open the carbs and there was a screw or jet that came out and jammed the float....runs great now...thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts