Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Letting sled idle and seems to be overheating after about 5 minutes. This normal if just idleing?

·
Registered
199 Posts
if ur sled is just sitting there idling no snow is getting on the heat exchanger 2 cool it.or maybe a stuck thermostat ,take it out put it in a pan of hot water see if it opens up just b4 the water boils.but i tossed my thermostat.1 other thing is head gasket or o ring .good luck[:eek:)]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
96xcr600 sp, no thremostat that I can tell.

The side panels don't feel hot, and cooler under seat just little warm, however, temp light is coming on.

I thought I bled system ok, however, I have no manuel and this is my first sled.

Does this mean I need to keep bleeding sys for better circulation?

Should I take watter pupm apaart or lines off to see if clogged?

·
Registered
83 Posts
You probably have an air lock.Try getting the front realy high and rebleeding it . Mine also has a bleeder on the back pipe ,On mine you bleed that first .

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I agree, get the front up in the air. A newly rebuilt engine will run a bit hotter in the beginning. And if your just letting it idle with no snow cooling the heat exchangers, i'm not surprised at all that it was overheating.

·
Registered
129 Posts
usually the side coolers dont get very hot untill yu get out on the trail and really run the sled at a good speed

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we just had first snow. I took it out to see if it would still overheat while riding vs ideling.

After 20 minutes still overheats & side coolers still cool but underneath warm.
Coolant starts to pour out of overflow also!
Could this be from riding in less than an inch of snow or is it something else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts