Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again i have an 03 500 xcsp..anyone have any overheating problems. I just did if i was putzing around slow and was loosing antifreeze it seems cause the overflow was empty and had to crush snow to pack it to fill it up a few times. But maybe that's just from it boiling over. I of course will have to pressure test it and do the bleeding process i found on a polaris recall site but i also heard the people are having problems with the o-rings on the head because the surface isn't exactly true. Just asking all u diehards..i just saw the bulletin on that site and it had two million reasons why so if any of u could narrow them down for me that would be awesome..
laters..
-Bri

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
you might want to consider getting this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3629074938&category=26354

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I seriously hope your not boiling over....in a car thats possible, but in a sled running at much lower temps....that would be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I would check for coolant leaks first off...cuz its got to be going somewhere. Next i would look at your pressure cap to be sure it is holding the correct amount of pressure in the system. And finally Bleed the coolant system for any trapped air. Your owners manual should help you out on the steps involved to do that.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Do you happen to have the M-10 suspension? They were known to be worse. In 2002 there were big problems with this. They can also adjust the timing for this. The last resort is to install the cooler in the back. Check with your dealer if there is indeed a recall they will handle it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an edge...and come to think of it i don't think it boiled over..just escaped because i opened the system with pressure on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought my 03 xcsp600 late in the season last year and they changed the resevior bottle and adjusted the timing before I took it home(to love and to hold till death do us part). Guess they were making the repairs due to the recall. The mechanic even ran it for a mandatory amount of time to make sure of no overheating.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have yet to call the dealer but i was looking online and it had just the bulletin telling u basically to look at everything. But haven't seen anything on a recall. So i suppose i should call the dealer..i'll ask and if they deny anything i'll have to get back to ya and see if i can figure anything out

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't imagine that mine being a 600 would make any differance. If they give you the runaround let me know and I will call my dealer and ask him what the deal is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
this is the best info you are going to get ,SELL IT ! my brother inlaw has a 700 ,it is a lemon an will always be one .the dealer will push you off tell the warr, is gone and tell you to keep in the snow .but they just lie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts