Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.. I wanna see your pics of xlt's. I own a 97 xlt sp and just want to see what some of you have done to yours!

·
Registered
671 Posts
heres mine. just a link to it since the pic is so big. mines had a bunch of mods to it.

http://www.wiktel.net/deerwood/XLT/Picture%20129.jpg

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
woah. edit that post, so that the pics are not next to eachother horizonally (hit enter between the end of the first image and the beggining of the next)

-Dean

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Clutching and skiis, one for speed, one for handling. I'm leary of piping these sleds. I know people have and still get good life out of the motors, but I've always been a strong believer in that the more stock you leave the motor the longer the life.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by xlt
[br]heres mine. just a link to it since the pic is so big. mines had a bunch of mods to it.
Nice looking sled, stay out of the cattails, eh [;)]

Anyways, I see you have skid plate on it. I picked on up off ebay for $20. I'm not it's the right one or not now. It seems to mount correctly, but the front comes about 4-6 inches from the nose cone. I couldn't really tell from your picture. Does your skid plate come all the way to the top, in the front?? Am I making any sense[?]

-dan

·
Registered
671 Posts
mine comes right to the back edge of the nose cone. oo as far as piping, go for it. i noticed a huge difference in performance. and the nice pipe sound, oooo thats nice. get soem plastic skis so get less wieight off that heavy front end, stud it. haha also geta 4 1/2 pro x rise with renthal bars on that beast haha with hand guards too. i also got shaved heads on mine. i can get 100mph in 1000 feet, mine takes off at 5100 rpm fron stand still, usually hooks up, i need new studs tho, and i top out around 8200-8300 rpm. ya its a little low, but hey, i dunt have to worry bout that pto bearing goin out of it, and she still has some balls.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

completely stock except i put xtra 10 on her, oh and the cobra windshield

1 - 11 of 11 Posts