Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'm in. What part of Central Pa are you located. I backed out of a trip last year and felt bad about it ever since. Where are you thinking about going, NY. I would think we should wait until temp drop a little more so trails can freeze up and hopefully more snow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OH YES at least not until feb when the ground is frozen and there is a nice base. New york would be nice, but I'm open to suggestions

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
was up in the tugg hill region yesterday. you may have to go farther north if they have snow. the trails were great. but with the traffic and no new snow, they are shot.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by FUSION900PA
[br]I'm in. What part of Central Pa are you located. I backed out of a trip last year and felt bad about it ever since. Where are you thinking about going, NY. I would think we should wait until temp drop a little more so trails can freeze up and hopefully more snow.
I'm in the williamsport outskirts (if thats what you call it) I have 10 house with in a 2 mile radius and half of them are farms. I was thinking New York some time around the start of Feb. But I am open to suggestions. No snow here and no one that rides or is as hard up about hitting the trails as I am. If we don't get snow in PA again I will travel at least once to ride this year. Last year sucked bug time. I had a practically bran new sled for the past 3 years.
LET IT SNOW

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I go to school in Bloomsburg, home is near Allentown. I drove 4 hours to a friends place near Cobleskill and then another 2 hours with them to Indian Lake to ride for a day last week. I don't mind a drive. Too freaking addicted to not travel quite a ways to ride

·
Registered
508 Posts
Any details on a trip yet? Im near gettysburg and the weather is way to warm here...Were you guys thinking upper new york or canada??Is there a time yet..I need to get on some snow!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Looks like the lake effect is going to hit this weekend. Winds coming from the Northwest. Good chance of snow accross Northwestern/Northcentral PA, Western NY and Syracuse area at the least.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been checking New York web cams and trail conditions, and as of right now they don't look all that great. I want to ride, but I don't want to break stuff. We have plenty of winter to go. I would like to hit the Adirondack's up this winter. Any one have some good feed back on a place they stayed? I'm guessing some time in Feb or so. The first weekend Feb 2,3,and 4 at the Adirondack national forest (New York side) they are having a winter fun-fest I may go to, for kicks. They have a vintage show and trail ride and a lot of other details. I will keep this updated if something comes up as far as a weekend ride.

Please oh please just a lousy 8 inches of wet packy snow!
oh and maybe then a week of temps in the teens.
6 inches of light and fluffy stuff.

Pa sucks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If we dont have snow by feb I will drive till I get to the white stuff. I didnt get any worth while miles on last year and I'm not going to have the lack there of this year too!

Give it time. We still have nine good weeks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by artiksno340
[br]
Originally posted by saberstang
[br]Feb 2,3, and 4 is the Allegany National Forest Sorry for the confusion
I would be up for that if they got the snow, but at this rate, who knows!?! [xx(]
Calling for 13" between tonite and Sat nite in Kane

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Most of the trails in Old Forge and MRP are pounded, a lot of riders and not a lot off snow. I Live just 45 min south of Speculater and all we have is ice.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks SKILIE301,

I was thinking "thinking" about heading up for the day just to see what the trails were like. But I think I will wait for another week or so. The web cams have alot of sleds in them but i can see grass as well.

If any PAers are heading up riding and want company PM your location and when your going up. If the snow is good I would meet ya up for some riding. I'm still game for a few overnight riding trips but I am going to wait the conditons get better. If they ever do!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thinking about heading up to NY this weekend. Anyone game? I'm checking the weather and if its good on thursday I'm heading north.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts