Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the best thing to stuff into the end of your exhaust pipe hole and airbox inlet hole to stop mice and other pesky thing from going into them.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
wow lol, I never thought about that lol. well I suppose you could use those "100 MPH" duct tapes kinds to cover it. just remember to remove it each time you ride lol.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by exciter_man
[br]I was wondering what is the best thing to stuff into the end of your exhaust pipe hole and airbox inlet hole to stop mice and other pesky thing from going into them.
Yes, steel wool is good for chewing critters, also Bounce Dryer softener sheets they say are good to keep critters out of your sled, place them in and around the engine compartment to repell critters...I guess they don't like the smell.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use that spray foam insulation. Works great for keeping mice and other rodents out but quite the project to remove in the fall.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
[/quote]
Yes, steel wool is good for chewing critters, also Bounce Dryer softener sheets they say are good to keep critters out of your sled, place them in and around the engine compartment to repell critters...I guess they don't like the smell.
[/quote]

My mother-in-law uses the dryer softener sheets on sticks out in her garden to keep the deer away. I thought she was crazy, but hey, if it works...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I coat the inside of my pipes with lubricant and pack it in nice and tight. then in the fall I take the pipe of and blow it out from the other side

·
Registered
957 Posts
Steel Wool..... It's easy to put in, and take out.... No dissassembly etc. etc... As for using "great Stuff foam" .... that sounds like a nightmare!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'd like to add that Moth Balls also work in keeping mice away, or from chewing up your seat. It's the smell. This is the first year i forgot to throw some moth balls around my sled, and sure as he!!, in one month of storage, i ALREADY had a mouse nest in my engine bay! I pulled it all out, threw in some moth balls and problem solved.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Devv
[br]what kind of pipe are we talkin' about packin'?
what do you think snowmobile forum possibly a snowmobile[}:)] and thanks for all the responces that were a help thanks again

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've been packin mine with corn to keep the mice out but it's not workin. Anybody know why?[:p]Also Devv, I was wondering that too when I read the title;Packin your Pipe.Huh Huh Huh Huh huh huh huh huh huh( Beavis & Butthead style)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts