Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to buy a paddle track for my zrt 96 600.. My track has picks and a big rip in the side. Whats better, paddle or picks? this paddle is a 2" paddle, He also has a 1" with studs and a 1" without.. I don't know what the prices of these should be. the 1" without and the 2" are new.. the 1" with picks is used but good condition. And they are both off polaris's , I don't know if they will fit.. HELP!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I would recomend the one inch track without picks. The track depends on what kind of riding you do. If you mostly ride packed groomed trails go with the one inch with picks. With the power the zrt 600 has the picks will help keep the lugs from being torn up to quickly.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
if you do alot of riding in powder the 2 inch track will be sweet,but if you mostly ride groomed trails,lakes and such go with the 1 inch with picks.the picks will help when you need to stop and help keep the ass end from comming around on ya,i recomend them.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no lake riding for me, just groomed trails mostly,, some powder, but just the powder to get to the trails around here. how much is a 1" with 192 picks worth in good condition? Do I have enough clearance?? How do I know.. THANKS!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I paid 100 bucks from a buddy for a 1 inch with 192 studs. So if you know the guy i am sure you will get a similar deal. If you dont know him i wouldnt pay more than 175.00 for a used track.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
You won't have any clearance problems with a 1" track with picks. You should have clearance for an 1-1/2" track stock. I know a lot of people here who did that to ZRT6's

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Id also go with a 1.5 camoplast, iv had 2 studded tracks on my xcr and they both ripped and took out the heat exchangers so I out on a paddle and it hooks up just as good o hard pack "not ice" and does a good job in the fluffy stuff.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is off some guy on the internet... He hasn't shot me a price but said that it has no pullouts and has zero tears. Good condition.. I have to add shipping on top of it so i would really like to see no more than 150$ for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I would second the 1" track. Either the camoplast track with the full block (lugs all the way across, not staggered) or the stock arctic cat track that has the "fingers" on it. One of those + 1.175 Stud boy power plates/Power point studs would be great. I've used that on my zl's the past 3 years. The hold up great and you have more than enough traction. I would say go with 144 studs...zrt's at that nuts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zrt's at that nuts?? i am confused on that one, well, anyways, here are some pics of the track
/snofan/../images/users/arcticcatmatt/snow.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/arcticcatmatt/snow1.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/arcticcatmatt/snow2.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/arcticcatmatt/snow3.jpg

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Well the track looks good as do the studs, however 250 and you pay shipping seems steep to me. You will find a better deal at a swap meet like Haydays or something. My buddy got a brand new track and studs for 225.00 last year... I would offer him 200 if he wants you to pay shipping or 250.00 if he pays shipping...

I meant to add that the miles seem high for the price as well. (JMO)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts