Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting an 1.5 inch paddle track on my 01 mxz 500. Does anyone have a sled this size with a paddle on it? Is there enough clearance between the track and heat exchangers and track or do i need to put different drive sprokets on? Thanks

THIS WINTER BLOWS!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put a 1.5 inch track 97 xcr which came stock with .875 and wondered the same thing. Some said it wouldn't work and others said it would. I did it anyways and was supprised with the room I had. I've got tunnel protectors on mine at the moment by they need to go. I love this new track. It hooks like you won't believe. I bought myself a camoplast (sp) challenger for $325 at the hayday races in sept. brand spankin' new and he threw in a couple of hats. Now I wish we had enough snow to really try it out. Good luck with the up grade. You WILL be happy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks i will get the 1.5 inch track. Theres a place called tracksusa.com which has new camoplast tracks for sale for about 200 or more cheaper than from the factory.If you want a track check that site out.

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
I put a 1.5 on my 95 xcr with 8inch susp, I just had to take the tunnel protectors off..That thing hooks up awsome now,its like a whole new sled, pulls the skis up easy now..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts