Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping around for a good quality used snowmobile and the one I am most interested in has 2" paddle tracks can you tell me if those can be used on all terrain? or what is the purpose?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
1.5 inch is probably the best all around lug size. Once you get any higher you tend to rip paddles off in lower snow conditions.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
anyone have a good 1.5 thatll fit my rush?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The only way you might get by with 2" is if you do only off-trail riding up in the arrowhead. Usually 1.25" is the longest you can go for purely trail riding.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I know multiple people who ride there deep lug tracks on trails, hardpack, frozen lakes, ditches, ect. You don't need to live in the mountains to ride a long track.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
just because people ride with them dont mean its right.

a paddle track wont last long at all, beeen there done that. for 90% of mn. snow conditions a 1.25 or 1.375 track will do better than a 2".

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Madcow is correct. People do it, but it doesn't work out well. The tracks don't last long and the sleds wear out sliders considerably faster and do not perform as well. I run a 1.375 inch Camoplast Cobra and have been very happy with it. I would not go much longer than that in MN (I ride NW Minnesota).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts