Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about giving my sled a nice custom paint job. I was thinkin of buying a 1/4 quart of dupont ghost paint from a local auto shop that doesnt need it anymore... its that paint that changes colors as you look at different angles..... i would like flamess from that paint and then a nice shiny red base under it

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I looked in to it for my sled. $900 would be better spent elsewhere. But it looks real cool.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
a guy here had his whole ZR 440 hood painted in that chrome illusion paint. Looked really cool, but I don't think it's worth the huge amount of cash that it costs.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
that type of paint is a multiple coat process,very time consuming, and not very cost effective. i guess if you could do it yourself, it would be a little less costly, cause it wouldnt take much paint to do that to a sled hood. i saw that on a artic cat mountain cat at haydays in mn, its sweet!!!! but i like my black saphire on my xlt, so no painting for me

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
that paint job would be sweet but unless you are going to be racing or showing your sled in any way i don't think that it would be worth the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts