Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this as been already said in other threads, but I have to know some tips about painting the pipes. For now, the pipes as been sand-blasted, and waiting to get some color on it, lol. I was wondering how long high heat paint will last if I put it in oven after painting. Did the exhaust manifold exceed 1200 Fahrenheit? I went to Canadian Tire and saw 1500 F temperature paint and 1200 F temperature cans, so which one to use? I think it will be better to take the higher temperature range, but as the can itself is 6$ much I wonder if its worth for the price. I was thinking putting red color as the same as my 650 engine heads, it will look good I think. But don't seem to make in the 1500 range, only gray, black and clear white was on the shelf... What ya think?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i cleaned my pipe right up, by sandblasting it, and washing it. then i used the 1200f spray with ceramic finish. ill get some pictures when i go home this weekend.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Don't qoute me on this, but if I remember correctly 1200F paint won't make it. $6 more per can, it would be worth not having to repaint it all the time...however, the color options is quite the dilemna. I am sure there has to be red paint for those temperatures, check out www.denniskirk.com. They have exhaust paint, not sure of the colors though as it's been quite some time since I looked.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Get them ceramic coated. Outside pipe temps are reduced around 400F!!! Keeps underhood temps down.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by skidogger
[br]Get them ceramic coated. Outside pipe temps are reduced around 400F!!! Keeps underhood temps down.
If he is worried about the 6 bucks a can I don't think he is going to go pay to get his pipes ceramic coated!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Sleds-650
[br]1200 Degree Dupli-color worked fine on the triple pipes I installed on my Ultra.

[attachment=21061]
those pipes looks good, how many miles on it with the new paint???

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts