Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets see your painted polaris wedge chasis please i have a 95 xlt and want to paint it i was thinking with some bed liner paint i really like that flat black look and maybe some pin striping i dnt know id like to see what you guys have painted with thanks

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
just serch it

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
xlt600man said:
lets see your painted polaris wedge chasis please i have a 95 xlt and want to paint it i was thinking with some bed liner paint i really like that flat black look and maybe some pin striping i dnt know id like to see what you guys have painted with thanks
These pictures were taken right after bringing my hood and nose cone home from my painter.

38884.jpg

38885.jpg

38886.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
I dont know about using a bedliner type of coating. If you want the flat black look, just use flat black on a flat primer. You could hit up TrickPaint for some good advice. That guy is a master when it comes to painting hoods, helmets, etc.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
98700xc said:
These pictures were taken right after bringing my hood and nose cone home from my painter.

38884.jpg

38885.jpg

38886.jpg
I really like that color. Is that DuPont Hot Hues or another brand? I've been thinking on how to incorporate that color into my car's paint, base color is black.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got mine all prepped for paint now. Doing the whole sled in Black. Ill post up pics when it's all finished.

Can anyone recommend a good paint?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
How much do you want to spend is the question?? I use PPG paints. Have had really good luck with them, and lays out really nice.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
We really like PPG. but perhaps we are a little biased since the old man works at a PPG warehouse and gets free paint [:D] He's no professional and only paints in the garage (again, doesn't have a pro painting booth), but it always turns out great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im not looking to spend to much. Just want to get it painted Black and have it stick. Would a gallon be enough for the hood and some other small pieces on the sled?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Nate03D said:
Im not looking to spend to much. Just want to get it painted Black and have it stick. Would a gallon be enough for the hood and some other small pieces on the sled?
Wow, how thick do you want the paint? 1/8"?

Heh, a quart will do a sled with enough left over for touch ups.....

A gallon will cover a car with leftover paint...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hangman said:
98700xc said:

38884.jpg

38885.jpg

38886.jpg
I really like that color. Is that DuPont Hot Hues or another brand? I've been thinking on how to incorporate that color into my car's paint, base color is black.
The paint that I used was PPG, and the color was actually picked from a color chart at my PPG dealer and was a stock color available on a 2006 Hundai Tiburon, and the actual name of this color is Orange Crush, and a quart is plenty of paint for a sled hood, actually you can do 3 hood with a quart depending on how many coats are put on, when I bought the raw materials (paint,reducer,activator,primer and clear)the total cost was a little over $180, I still have enough paint to do a couple more hoods and will be redoing this one as it has accumulated more that a few battle scars in the past 3 years, and also if I had known before I bought all the materials I could have saved a bunch of $$$ as my painter told me that he could have made that color right there at his body shop, so that is what we did when my wife picked the silver color for her 99 XC hood, she picked it from a Ford color chart.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
98700xc said:
Hangman said:
98700xc said:

38884.jpg

38885.jpg

38886.jpg
The paint that I used was PPG, and the color was actually picked from a color chart at my PPG dealer and was a stock color available on a 2006 Hundai Tiburon, and the actual name of this color is Orange Crush, and a quart is plenty of paint for a sled hood, actually you can do 3 hood with a quart depending on how many coats are put on, when I bought the raw materials (paint,reducer,activator,primer and clear)the total cost was a little over $180, I still have enough paint to do a couple more hoods and will be redoing this one as it has accumulated more that a few battle scars in the past 3 years, and also if I had known before I bought all the materials I could have saved a bunch of $$$ as my painter told me that he could have made that color right there at his body shop, so that is what we did when my wife picked the silver color for her 99 XC hood, she picked it from a Ford color chart.
[thumb]

I would post pics of my newest paint job, but it's not quite done yet. I'm kind of stuck on an idea...

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok, so maybe a gallon is a bit to much. lol I know jack about paints and other supplies needed. Can someone point me to a place where I could buy all this stuff at once, is a clear coat really recommended?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Nate03D said:
Ok, so maybe a gallon is a bit to much. lol I know jack about paints and other supplies needed. Can someone point me to a place where I could buy all this stuff at once,[highlight=blue] is a clear coat really recommended?[/highlight=blue]
It depends on what type of paint you go with, single stage enamel is the simplest way to go, but if you want to go with a metallic then it will most likely be a 2 stage that requires a base coat and clear coat, and the on the high end there is the pearl paints that are a 3 stage process, you can go to pretty much any auto body paint supply store and a sales man can help you decide what you want to do, it will all depend on how much you want to spend, or find a painter at a body shop and most likely they can mix the color you want, just pick the color you want and get him the paint code and let him do the rest.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
bought it fully customized. insane little sled.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts