Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has a centrion(sorry dont know how to spell it) and his dad saidwe can have it if we can get it running. well we are getting close to getting it running. my question is what kind of paint/primer should we use for the hood?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i know to use 220 grit sandpaper but is there a special primer or paint?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not trying to sound like a know t all here but you dont want to use a primer, you use primer to finishing body work your body filler didnt get. You will want to use a sealer and depending on what color you use depends on what value shade of sealer you use. At the body shop I work at we use DuPont its pretty good stuff also I would use a litte finer sand paper like a 600 grit paint has a hard time filling in the scratches if you get to ruff. Other than that dont forget your clear coat which Dupont makes good clear too. Make sure you wipe it down with some sort of final clean after you sand and before you paint, and then take a tac cloth to make sure you dont have any dust. Hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought an older sled that had damage to it so I found another that fit but it was a bit rough looking.

I washed it completly with some CLR and then removed the old decals and sanded it lightly to remove any blemishes ans well as the glue from the decals. I then decided on an easy pattern and went and bought some Kyron paint used for plastic materials. I used it because it would soak into the plastic as well as the snow machine hood.

Then once it dried completely I added some decals and gave it a wax and I think it turned out great!

Damaged hood

Hood I picked up to repalce other..

After painting

Final product..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts