Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
question for those more experinced. What is the best way to paint the tub..(thats the bottom of the front of the sled under the hood I believe?) on a Polaris 2001 XC SP 600? I was curious to know if any one has done it on this model, the tub seems to be textured a little and I wanted to know if krylon plastic paint and primer would stick decent once it was cleaned thouroughly or if there was any other way which may have a decent out come. Thanks.

Below is the example of what I'm looking to paint. Thanks

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i would NOT spray bomb that thing man. it will flake gaurenteed. i would wait for "trickpaint"'s advise, he is the expert. and not to be an a-hole but the "tub" is auctally called the belly pan. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
x2 - Why do you want to paint it? Change color or just make it look nice and black again?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dragon700 said:
i would NOT spray bomb that thing man. it will flake gaurenteed. i would wait for "trickpaint"'s advise, he is the expert. and not to be an a-hole but the "tub" is auctally called the belly pan. [thumb]
AHHH..ya the belly pan..thats what that is called. Thank you. I have been out of touch with my sledding side for a little too long. Thanks for the correction.

Hangman said:
x2 - Why do you want to paint it? Change color or just make it look nice and black again?
Ya, i was thinking of making it black, wanting to change the color. Its originally red, but I took all the stickers off and I was thinking black may be the best way to go.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I would not paint it it will flake. I know on some of the ZR arctic cats most people would swap the green belly pan for a black one and vice versa.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, guys thank you for the suggestions and great advice. I will just have to be happy with a red belly pan and red hood. Thanks for the help!!![thumb]

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
This link will give an idea how much work it is to do it the right way

http://www.urethanesupply.com/atvpainting.php

I'd rather just buy a different belly pan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to have to say NO on the painting part and Yes to just leaving it alone or buying a new one. Thanks everyone.[thumb]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts