Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a good solution to controlling all the water runoff from there sleds after parking it in heated storage?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Get a floor squegee and just push it on out the door

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Floor drain?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No floor drain right now.
I was trying to think of a way that I would not need to tend to the water on an hourly basement.
Maybe 1X2's glued to the floor, leaving the door side of the "containment open"
Thought about a trench drain, but I don't want to get to crazy.
This thing would make short work of it, I put a 16"x12" hole through a 12" thick concrete wall with rebar with it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
hero419 said:
No floor drain right now.
I was trying to think of a way that I would not need to tend to the water on an hourly basement.
Maybe 1X2's glued to the floor, leaving the door side of the "containment open"
Thought about a trench drain, but I don't want to get to crazy.
This thing would make short work of it, I put a 16"x12" hole through a 12" thick concrete wall with rebar with it.

The 1X2's would work. You would'nt even need to glue them to the concrete. You could just silicone them to the floor that way you can take them off easily in the future without having glue residue left behind. That's what I would do.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
You can always make a cheap barricade using that spray foam/insulation. The concrete in our garage isn't sloped right causing water to run away from the drain in some spots. At one time, I had a foam barricade around my pickup to keep the water from running everywhere. Most of the water then ran to the drain, or eventually evaporated. In your case, you could probably just squeegee it where ever you wanted it, like out the door. The only down side is that the foam will eventually separate from the concrete if repeatedly kicked, driven on, etc...and requires a nice, clean floor when applying.

Personally, I just park mine over one of the drains until it's all melted off. [8D]

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
yeah the silicone or caulk with 2x2's would work or the spray foam in a can as well and just use a squegee n push the water out

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
^^Send the kids out to do it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1yr and 3yr.
They have away to go before chores start, and I can't wait!
lawn
wood
clean
on and on and on
2 boys, it is going to be nice (at least half the time).

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Teach em young. If YOU are happy, THEY will be happy!

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Simple solution...

Turn off the heat, and just shovel out what falls off the next time you go ride.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
then it turns too ice^

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
No...

I have an un-heated barn I store my sleds in. Unless it warms up, it will not melt in order to turn to ice.

I pull the sled in, drop it a couple times to knock the loose stuff off, put it on the dollies, and shovel out the loose stuff. Then turn the sled around and put it in front of the door. When I go sledding the next time, I start the sled and pull it outside, and while it's warming up, shovel out anything that fell off while it was stored.

When I heat the shop, it makes no difference except that I use a broom.

1,792 Posts
1. get 4 2x4s, and a sheet of plastic.
2 Screw 3 of the 2x4s into a 3 sided square.
3. drape the plastic over the 2x4 frame
4. roll sled on dollies onto the plastic.
5. position last 2x4 to form the square without attaching it to the others
6. when you have water, use wet/dry vac to vacuum up without suctioning the plactic to the vac hose.
7. you now have all excess water for easy dumping outside.
8. cost and time required : free if you already have the materials to $10.00, and 10 minutes to make.
9. pick up front 2x4, roll sled out and go.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
No...

I have an un-heated barn I store my sleds in. Unless it warms up, it will not melt in order to turn to ice.

I pull the sled in, drop it a couple times to knock the loose stuff off, put it on the dollies, and shovel out the loose stuff. Then turn the sled around and put it in front of the door. When I go sledding the next time, I start the sled and pull it outside, and while it's warming up, shovel out anything that fell off while it was stored.

When I heat the shop, it makes no difference except that I use a broom.
That's what I do, it works out pretty well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts