Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Arctic-Cat-EXT-580-Crankshaft-Crank-Shaft-ZR-550-Cougar_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25596fde2fQQitemZ160414293551QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here's a mint (truly MINT) low mileage sled that I would have loved to owned and ridden. Parted out just so someone can make (or try to make) a buck. Look at the clean, rust free engine and exhaust. This thing was babied and was screaming 'kept in heated garage all it's life'. I'll bet it had around 1,000 miles on it (or less). It just makes me sick. [puke] Parting out is what you do to a sled with something wrong with it. [gerg]

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
if people can make a buck off of dismantling perfectly good things they are going to. look at junk yards. they do the same thing. sell each car part by part

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Holy jumping jack flash! This sled looks really good! almost new...wtf is this seller on? He should sell it as whole and not parting it out geez!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Bobinwi hit the nail on the head.

Some people only care about the buck.. Tear down a historic building to put in a new walmart, etc, etc..

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
People do it all the time. Its his sled, let em' do what they want with it. If it means they make more money (usually you will make a considerable amout more parting out) then go for it.

Myself, I buy sleds cheap fix em up and trade them for something els when I know Im getting a good deal... I had a 98 xc 700 earlier this winter, bought it for $500 rode it to work for a month and blew it up... rebuilt the top end (total of about $800 into sled now) and traded it for a truck that books for $3000.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I know a few people thats what they do for a living...sleds, Banshees, bikes
Higher demand for parts then the entire sled, just remember this the next time you are in need of a good used part cause you dont want to spend top dollar on an OEM part from the dealer.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

Some people only care about the buck.. Tear down a historic building to put in a new walmart, etc, etc..
lol, you can't compare a mass produced snowmobile to a single historic building. If that sled was mint and the guy tried to get $2-3000 for it would you really buy it? There's no real demand for a '95 EXT 580, they're not even that nice of a sled.

·
Registered
538 Posts
thats just a disgrace. that sled has 10,000 miles left in it.

im guilty of parting out sleds too. but the sleds i did part out weren't worth saving and they were in rough shape.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I do it all the time.....Its just a frikin sled, come on people.

If its sell it outright for a grand...or part it and get 1500 to 2000...Its a no brainer for me. You have to deal with tire kickers and no shows either way you do it.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
ilive4snow700 said:
thats just a disgrace. that sled has 10,000 miles left in it.

im guilty of parting out sleds too. but the sleds i did part out weren't worth saving and they were in rough shape.
Yup 10k miles left, better then selling parts that break in 50 miles. now imagin how many more sleds are going to keep on tickin because this one sled was parted out [thumb]

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
dodger said:
I do it all the time.....Its just a frikin sled, come on people.

If its sell it outright for a grand...or part it and get 1500 to 2000...Its a no brainer for me. You have to deal with tire kickers and no shows either way you do it.
x2. I would hate to part out my ZR, but if I ever wanted to sell it, I know I would make MUCH more money in parts than I would as a whole. Now, my ZR is not mint, but I'm sure that guys frame of mind was about the same. Money talks people...

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
powersledder said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

lol, you can't compare a mass produced snowmobile to a single historic building. If that sled was mint and the guy tried to get $2-3000 for it would you really buy it? There's no real demand for a '95 EXT 580, they're not even that nice of a sled.
Sure I can, I didn't start the thread... [thumb]

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I part out perfectly fine sleds. If i can make an extra $1000, im going to do so. i could care less if its a shame to part out a perfectly good sled. It is just a sled, and the parts are worth more mint.

and btw a 95 EXT isnt a nice sled to begin with.....

·
Registered
538 Posts
how is a 95 EXT not a nice sled to begin with? its the same sled as the 95 ZRs just with different shocks and decals. set up right, the EXT could be just as fast as a ZR.

·
Registered
384 Posts
jesse500 said:
I part out perfectly fine sleds. If i can make an extra $1000, im going to do so. i could care less if its a shame to part out a perfectly good sled. It is just a sled, and the parts are worth more mint.

and btw a 95 EXT isnt a nice sled to begin with.....[/color=blue]

Watch it Jesse lol people on here own those sleds :p

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
lol. i know. I just dont like Arctic Cat all together so an EXT in my eyes isnt nice. thats my opinion though.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If the parts are in mint condition you make even more money... The parts are more valuable when they actualy are working so why not part it out.

·
Registered
586 Posts
if i could make 400 more for parting it out i'd have a wrench on that thing so fast your head would spin. What's the point of keeping it looking like that. you just said yourself its probably been kept in a heated garage all its life. why not part it out to keep sleds that are actually ridden up and going

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I love it when people part out sleds and bikes.. I always need some hard to find EXPENSIVE (OEM) part and end up finding it for 1/3 the price from a parted out machine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts