Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you can make more parting a sled or not? and how do you go about shipping? thanks zach.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Yes you should be able to make way more parting out a sled, the problem is finding people to buy up every part of the sled, usually there are parts you can sell right away no problem, but there are some like the tunnel usually that you just can't seem to get ride of.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Things like tunnels and factory handlebars dont sell. Sometimes hoods cell. Its all a matter of if the price is right.

A decent 1" track will bring a guaranteed $100.
A running 800 triple motor will bring $650 guaranteed, but you could always part the motor out as well.

Depends what kind of condition the sled is in, and is your time worth it?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I was also wondering is it hard to use ebay? i think that would be my other best bet.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ebay is fairly easy to use, they just charge you up the ying-yang..

They charge so much to place an add, and you pay a percentage of the winning bid.

Then you pay a small fee for:
adding photo's over a certain size or quantity,
for 'buy it now',
for being "featured",
for having a second line in the title,
for bold in the title,
pay for...

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
zecow224 said:
ok how do you ship it then
Put it in a box and bring it to the post office. For smaller items, I use flat rate boxes ( a set price for items under 70lbs and must fit into the given box with no alteration ). For instance, Viper17 on here is buying a set of handlebars from me. I took 2 large envelopes, and opened them both. Then I put the handlebars in one side, and the other in the other one. Then I taped the 2 together so they meshed. To ship from Maine to Wisconsin it will cost me about $6.50. I shipped a snowmobile motor to Idaho once. I listed it for $150 shipped and ended up selling it for $125. It cost me $130 to ship plus paypal fees. So I lost $8.50 and I had to package it. Make sure you check before you sell to see what shipping will run you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts