Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy i know was out in the rockies with his zr 800 and his 440 fan sno pro. anyway, he burned up the 800 so he had to ride the sp. well, he got t-boned by some idiot and got his foot broke up and crushed really bad. he's laid up, but in three days since this he has his f7 and new fan sno pro on order. again, anyway, the sp is totalled and i was thinking about trying to get his handlebars. someone else said they'll fit on my gen II, but those were the standard zr bars, i don't know about these. also, he has a couple 15" tracks (1.25 and 1.375) which won't fit on either of his new sleds, so i might try to pick up the 1.375, and my brother the 1.25. just wondering if anyone knew if the sp bars would fit.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I have talked about the one guy I rode with who put them on his Edge. Look and ride real well. but if you keep your stock like throttle block and all it may be hard to get them over the hooks. He said that he would recommend like just aluminum bar hooks then getting the hand grips that cat has so you can cut them to the size you want. The guy who put the cat bars on his Edge taht is. Not sure what you want to do. If you use the cat stuff on the bars maybe a coat of red or blue paint that would be pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how did that guy get them to fit on his sled with the throttle block and all? oh, i think i'd leave them green- ya know, a little flash for my boring black sled ;)

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
he just put them on. He put his stock throttle block and all on but while puting the throttle block on it cracked. It is still in one good piece but has a crack in it. Suprisingly without the pad the stock Edge handle bar plastic cover fits almost perfectly. I have no idea about a gen II.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure but i think they're the same. i don't see why polaris would change them after two real years of ben II, and the grips are the same. a lot of the models were both edge and gen II so i figure the bars would be the same.

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah I think it would work. Here is the odd thing the guy put like a 1 or 2" riser block on then dropped the cat bars down and it was like stock height but stood straighter up. Damn he was at the drag race I was at this weekend I should ahve brought my camera and got a shot of them.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know the sno pro bars have a higher riser than the zr bars. i believe the zr's are 4" over 'stock' while the sno pro's are closer to 6".

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exactly

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it all depends on if he is willing to get rid of them. if he is, i'll get them, if not, oh well :)

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, it doesn't come with a throttle lever Sled Dog!!! ;)

'99 XC SP 500
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts