Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I figured I better not turn mile 0 up at the forum ride so I and a friend snuck out to the Oak Grove/St Francis/Lake George area for a few miles of test riding to work the bugs out.

It all worked out for me. No coolant leaks, no funny noises, nothing broken. 10+ seconds of WOT without any signs of explosion heh. No overheating.

Oh how much fun the first ride on the sled of the season is![:D]

Too bad somehow I accidentally set the black and white mode on my camera. Here is the only pic of the day:

·
Registered
140 Posts
i got out for my first ride today too my sled held up fine but i had a guy seize his engine and the other guys sled gave out(wouldnt start) father son too. Another guy in the groups seil on his sxr break while towing one of the other guys (forgot to take the belt off) lmao sweet sleds by the way

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should mention I've ridden this sled alot last year, but this is the first miles on a fresh teardown all the way to the crank.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
nice picture and nice sled.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sounds like fun, next weekend might be my first time this year, i'm getting pretty itchy to ride. That pic looks good in black and white.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Good to hear everything is in line.

Quick question, what size do you go with for pilot jets?

I am running on the rich side, and I don't want burn her down. Mine came with 32.5's and I put 40's in it with the trail heads. I was thinking about going to 35's but I don't want to lean out to much.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pilots won't burn your sled down. I have 42's or 40's in right now and they are much too rich. If I let it idle for more than 5 seconds it has to clean out with a of smoke. Main jets are what are important. I was running 300's or 310's but I don't reccommend you going that lean.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I followed yours and tom(from hcs) and i drilled the pto side case for more oil.I just got the motor back to gether,and im putting it back in today..Is there any thing i should do when i put it back in,Also the dealer didnt put any isoflex grease in the very first pto bearing.Tom told me that uve been putting hi temp grease in the zirk,to keep your bearing alive.Im plan on doing this,so do u have any advise on that also?Thanks

Originally posted by ripperd
[br]Well, I figured I better not turn mile 0 up at the forum ride so I and a friend snuck out to the Oak Grove/St Francis/Lake George area for a few miles of test riding to work the bugs out.

It all worked out for me. No coolant leaks, no funny noises, nothing broken. 10+ seconds of WOT without any signs of explosion heh. No overheating.

Too bad somehow I accidentally set the black and white mode on my camera. Here is the only pic of the day:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You have a black and white mode on your camera? Wonder if I have that, cool!
Originally posted by ripperd
[br]Well, I figured I better not turn mile 0 up at the forum ride so I and a friend snuck out to the Oak Grove/St Francis/Lake George area for a few miles of test riding to work the bugs out.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Your camera probably has it as well as whatever photo editing software you are using. Most also have the yellowish anteque look too, forget the name of that.

Looks like you have about as much snow as I do :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts