Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Parts Unlimited bearings are like five bucks vs. thrity five for Genuine Arctic Cat ones. Do you think they will work fine or keep looking?

Also aslong as the diameter is the same, couldn't I use any bearing?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
All balls racing is the company I went through for drive shaft bearings. 20$ or so for the set.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If they have a NTN number on them then you can pretty much buy them anywhere that sells bearings for alot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^Where is that number usually located?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
ClassicCat76 said:
^^^Where is that number usually located?
The bearing # can be found either in the rubber seal if its a sealed bearing, or you can find it stamped in the edge of one of the races. NTN6205 is a standard idler wheel brg and is also often the same brg used in chaincases. Some sleds have a spherical outer race. My sled has them on the clutch side jack and drivs shaft. My brothers ZRs had them on the chaincase side, dont remember if they were on the other side too. I was unable to find the spherical brgs anywhere else that was cheaper than my polaris dealership. But you can get the 6205 brgs almost anywhere and the $5 parts unlimited brg is the same oem brg your dealer sells. My Polaris dealer actually sells me the $5 parts unlimited ones.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will probably just order from Dennis Kirk then. Thanks. Anybody know what kind of locktite holds these on?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
ClassicCat76 said:
I will probably just order from Dennis Kirk then. Thanks. Anybody know what kind of locktite holds these on?
Loctite? Chaincase brgs should be held in with a snapring or something that works similarly, not loctite.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Book said loctite......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts