Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how does everyone feel about the paveing of the state bike trails? I don't know if it is the same in other states like it is in WI, but here it seems like the past few years that the state trails that were mostly started by the sleders are becomeing off limits to us. The reason is because of the trails being paved. Personally i don't like the idea. I guess that they don't like our carbide runners and studs ripping up the trails that we helped start.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Yeah, pavement is off limits in MN too. The snowmobilers created the trails, then they get paved and the bikers take over them! I hate it!

·
Registered
289 Posts
yes in MA same thing... old rr tracks we all used to get through the town... gas station, main vein trail now it has gates and paved.... im gonna go around and use it anyway... cant catch me~!~ im stealth in my sled... i'll cover over the markins so no one knows who i am!

Duct tape much like the force... it has a light side, a dark side.... and it holds the world together!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Some of the time you have to be stealth. It is not right that the state puts so much time and money into bike, walk paths and so little into sled trails.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i like to mountain bike, but i feel that paving is kinda takin the fun outta mountain bikeing, cause it isnt fun on pavement, so now i take my chevy blazer down the bike trails and hit as many of those crybaby bikers as i can, give em something worthwhile to cry about, other than wining cause their precious trail, that we snowmobilers started, isnt paved, damn ingrates!! takin over out trails, well show them whos boss!!!!!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thats the reason that I went for years without registering my machines.They say that a percentage of the money goes toward the state snowmobile trails.Well, guess what,there is no damn state snowmobile trails around here.There is an old RR bed that is supposed to be for bikers and walkers, but sleds kinda take it over in the winter.It upsets me to know that I have to pay registration fees, and I get nothing out of it.It seems to me that if you pay $ to the state to ride, you should be able to ride any trail you want.Why would someone want a pansy-ass paved trail for mountain biking and hiking anyways?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!! i hate the fact that a portion of our money goes to trails, hell i dont see any trails popping up, and i know there are a lot of sledders here in iowa, our only "trails" are in state parks, which guess what??? part of the money we pay to camp in them goes to, i like to camp as well, so that doesnt bother me, especially the park that i frequent, cause they have no intention of paving their trails, they are for hikers,bikers,horses,and my all time favorite....SNOWMOBILES. i think im gonna write my whine-ass congrassmen, and see if that helps, probably not though, be a waste of a stamp

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't be pissed because of the registration fee that is nothing. Think of all the friggin money we all pay in fuel tax fueling sleds, and we can't even ride the streets. Then they take that damn fuel tax money and make Bitchen Bastard Bike trails on our hard hand made sled trails, and tell us to jerk-off. That pisses me off.

"Meaningless Ride"

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Exactly!!! The ONLY reason i have not yet put studs in my sled is because they ban us from those hard earned trails that take us to all the fun places to ride. So they make us suffer without studs and then put us at risk for MORE accidents on slippery surfaces.
Not only that, but why do they have to be paved?!? You can EASILY walk or bike or jog on a nice hard packed dirt or rock path. Rollerblades are the only exception.........IMHO i would rather bike on wooded trails, not hot summer pavement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts