Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any problems using penzoil oil injection oil? How about using it in a Polaris ProX 700? I heard rumors of having to use synthetic oil in engines with exhaust vavles. Any truth to this?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I have a 2003 Pro X 600 and I'm using Shell Advance synthetic oil in it. Seems to work alright.

It's the stuff in the green container, not the blue one.

Synthetic oil just prevents VES valves from carboning up faster.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
penzoil[/size=5] [xx(][xx(][xx(]

yes synthetics help reduce exhause valve carbon build up...as long as you don't use that awful penzoil crap

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Originally posted by Sno-X-treme
[br]penzoil[/size=5] [xx(][xx(][xx(]

yes synthetics help reduce exhause valve carbon build up...as long as you don't use that awful penzoil crap

Please elaborate. What is so evil about it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
penzoil is great oil for non exhaust valve sleds...i wouldnt use it in sleds that have ves unless yu want to spend all winter cleaning those valves

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
What's so bad about Penzoil?? The experience my dad had with their supposedly high quality automotive oil...you would not believe the carbon and gum build up throughout the entire engine! IMO if they can't get car oil to stand up why would their product in even higher performance machines be so much better?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, to be honest, I have always used penzoil synthetic in my automotive applications and have seen no problems what-so-ever. Does anyone have experience with actually using penzoil in their sled?

·
Registered
32 Posts
As P-man said "please elaborate", carbon through out the entire engine? Sounds more like an engine problem. If an oil meets NMMA specs.(TC-W3) I know of no manufacturer who will void a warranty because it's used. I am sure if they felt a certain oil damage a motor they would say so in a disclaimer. They all recommend thier oil,but do not insist on it. When it comes to brand name like Artic Cat,SkiDoo,Polaris, etc. do you believe they make their own oils? there are not many companys that actually make oil, just companys that pay to have thier lables put on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually Polaris Oil is made by Nemco. Alot of brand names are made by Nemco. Probably each company has certain additives that they want but maybe not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was talking to a Polaris dealer yesterday, and basically they told me that if I used anything other than Polaris synthetic, warranty could/would be a problem. Apparantly that tc-w3 rating is a poor indication of oil's quality.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Your dealer has totally and completely misinformed you! YOUR WARRENTY IS NOT VOID FOR USEING ANOTHER BRAND OF OIL!!!!! A LAW was passed to ensure this. This I know.

What I'm not sure about (of which I'm admitting here) is that it may void your warrenty if your dealer agrees to provide you with free factory oil for the life of the warrenty. But can anyone honestly tell me they've heard of ANY instances where a dealer has offered to provide anyone with FREE OIL?!?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The TC-W3 does not mean it is as good as any oil, it means it meets all the requirment standards.Also keep in mind that 2 identical engines can have different results with the same oil. I guess you could say each motor has a mind of it's own. You have to experiment with different ones and see which gives the best results for your sled.What I am saying is that no certin brand should damage it and none will void a warranty.(no brand that is)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think maybe sno x's dad's experience was with their regular oil. It used to be common knowledge that the Pennsylvania oils were paraffin based which could really build up in a car over time. I don't think that would have anything to do with synthetic products though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts