Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what can be done to a pro xr 800 to make at least 150 hp and hit 115 mph. i was thinking head, pipes, gears, clutch, reeds, lighter track.

what would be the best bang for my goals. i am thinking of getting a xr for next season what should i do?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
you mean your XCR? I am pretty sure its already 160 hp stock, and will probably do around 110 mph.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
whats an xr?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry guys i forgot the pro it it, its a 2004 pro xr 800. i know the xcr 800 has 160 hp and will hit 120mph but i was thinking of buying a pro xr 800 for next season. let me know what you guysn think

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I say you should just find a pro x(r/2) chassis and throw one of your XCR 800's into it. you'd have the power you want and a wicked sleeper.

·
Registered
137 Posts
put the juice to it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a Pro XR and I believe it comes stock with almost 140 hp I put a mbrp race can on it v force reeds and the slp air horn intake and it performes great. But if you want it to go over 100-110 you have to do something with gears, they are geared low for low end which is what you need on the snowcross tracks. You should beable to beat anyone off the line and to about 70-80.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Pance
[br]I say you should just find a pro x(r/2) chassis and throw one of your XCR 800's into it. you'd have the power you want and a wicked sleeper.
i could get a 800 xcr motor with 180+hp. how would this fit in, what would i need to change. that would be one hell of a sleeper

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
there are enough guys doing it. basically htg has a kit. you send in the motor mounts and they modify them. then from there is mostly mix and match to bolt up.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Pro-X's aren't a top speed sled. The Pro-X chassis is shorter than the Edge chassis and the suspension limits it's top speed capabilities. Sure you could drop a XCR 800 motor in one, but it's not going to be easy and it still wont' be as fast as a Edge or Gen II with an 800 XCR motor. You'd be better off dropping a XCR motor into an Edge chassis sled.

All Pro X 800's are pooch's in stock form. The stock clutching on them sucks. IMO, if you want top speed don't buy a Pro-X. They weren't meant for it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
put the funny button on it! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts