Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just pick up a 02 700 edge with only 2500 miles on looken to see what parts i schould get 4 it performance wise?

·
Registered
918 Posts
I love my Boysen Rage Cages in my 700. Really woke it up and helped the low end. A SLP pipe was also a good addition. I would like to get a clutch kit once I have the funds laying around.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Do the oil lines come down on the exhaust side near the front of the block? My dad has an 02 700 and the oil lines were there and they melted off, owned one of the pistons, stock configuration too. If yours is the same you probably want to wrap the lines in heat reflective material and make sure that your hood vents are open.

·
Registered
567 Posts
clutch pipe can kit slp air horn v force reeds pretty basic add horse power but keeps it reliable still

·
Registered
718 Posts
could get that slp vent holes too to keep under hood cool. i can't remember what they were called. been thinking about getting some. what about gearing? clutching, pipes, reeds, air horn is pretty much can do to add more horses and keep it reliable. what about port polish?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i have the same sled, drop bottom gear to 42, i put a yellow epi primary in and changed the helix in the secondary, i went 120+ on speedo and blew away a 07 (or 08 dont remember) 700 dragon, i haven't put reeds in it yet, i love this sled i t has tons of power, the 700 for that eyar were around 136-138 for HP 4-6 less the the 800's for that year,

·
Registered
807 Posts
1.68-1.70 gear ratio is ideal. A harder hitting helix is required and most like 63-64 grams of weight and 8000 rpm max. Do not gut air box on an 02 edge.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/109321/display.aspx

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/112034/display.aspx

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
thinksno helped me out alot on mine, great info form that gentleman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts