Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get performance pipes for early 90's Skidoos? All the engine work in the world is limited by the stock pipe!!! HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Which motor does it have? There are a number of manufactures, Ski-doo isn't my area of expertise but try PSI and SLP they will probably have something for ya.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 470 twin - 40 over with UFO's in the carbs (and rejetted to match) heavier primary spring (for a 1991 600 Mach1)Heads milled 10 thou and exaust manifold ported...Roughly pulling 89 or 90 hp..
Using formula HP=Comp x CC's x Max RPM divided by 6,400,000 (to convert from cc's) + roughly 1 hp per 100 cc's for ufo's... But still need to see what she'll do with a good pipe and maybe a clutch kit.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
[blue][/blue]If you want a good set of pipes ask at your dealer about PSI. they make pipes for every make and model of sled (according to their web site), and i recently purchased a set for my old 86 indy 600 tripple. they are just wicked. they aren't to loud but you can definetly hear me commin' down the trail. AAEN also makes pipes for many models but i'd reccomend the PSI's. for your sled they should make around 6-8 ponies and allow your other mods to shine as well. they'll probobaly run you 3-5oo dollars but it's worth it!

·
Registered
528 Posts
FAST sells them but they only have race pipes.

http://www.fastent.com/products/teamfast/25.htm

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i have had the best luck with dynoport for ski-doo's. single pipes make only modest gains on ski-doo's while twin pipes seem to do alot better, more tuning required with the twins however but worth it in power-- hope this helps[:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts