Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went to the drags and did good off the line then every one started to creap by i have a 1997 xlp special 600 tripple with psi mod blaster pipes and was wondering if i put uni pod air filters on if i would get more mid range to high end?

·
Registered
581 Posts
go to a shop and get your secondary spring put into the third tower and you could also look at another helix

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you are running in imp stock class against machines with a lot more potential power.
but you should gear way down, if you are only going 500 feet and your goal speed is 80 mph then gear only for that speed, you will be a lot quicker with more gearing, if you are beating them off the line and at the end they all pass you it seems more like a hp issue. if you are doing this for fun take it at that and just have fun.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already have a clutch kit and i believe i put the spring in the third hole i was planing on gearing it down a tooth or two and doing the uni pod filtersim not looking to be the fastest one but i was planing on using the filters just for dragging

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Alot of the time the filters slow down the sled or dont do anything. You will have to re-jet as well. I have a XCR 800 that is probably as fast as yours and it gets all its air through about a 2 1/2 inch opening in an air box.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i know a guy that has a 2000 xcr 800 with a around 180 hp, a hot 2 go kit a silencer in it, a $2900 track and i dont know what else all i know is that the sled is worth 20k he sold it for aroun 8 or 9 and it was clocked at 134mph. he sold it only to buy another 800 xcr that goes faster and has about 184hp. it sounds just awsome

·
Registered
528 Posts
What RPM are the pipes designed to operate at and what is your shift RPM? I would say that this is the first question that needs to be answered.

Also are you running 500' or 660'? What is your MPH?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think it was 500' and i was doing obout 70-75 and also i put lighter clutch weigts in to jump my rpms up but i think it might be to lite and making the belt slip should i put the stock weights back in and go from there?

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you put lighter clutch weights in then you most likely affected your shift RPM. The shift RPM is the RPM where your clutches shift out, it is usually point where you make maximum HP.

For example if you made maximum power at 8200 RPM and you lightened your clutch weights you would raise your shift RPM. You are therefore likely experiencing a substantial power loss.

Do you know what the shift RPM is for your sled? Do you know what it was running at?

Usually if you want to raise your engagement RPM you get a primary clutch spring with a higher initial tension.

PSI should have a recommended clutch setup for the pipes. They should also give you the shift RPM so you can fine tune your clutching.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
^^my thoughts too...

maybe he meant 290.00 but that would make the sled only worth 17,300

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by dgerlach55033
[br]checkered, what flippin' track costs $2900.00??? with studs included or what??
It must come with those new gold-plated, diamond tipped studs...[;)]

$2900.00...[?]...must be pesos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts