Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what will make my sled be very hard to beat when racing. obviously pipes, but i want triple pipes that arnt to loud so that i can go out on the trail.any suggestions? i know that any triple pipe set up will be louder than stock. what should i do for clutching? what will make this ultra FAST.

the sled is a ultra sks
it has a new
1.5 paddle track
and im putting some Yamaha skis on there
any tricks are greatly appreciated
ive got some guys who are running there mouths and i want to show em that a older sled can whoop a new sled.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
aaen pipes are the only ones that i know of that are quieter than the dnr limits in wisconson.

its not hard to beat new sleds. have them go to the nssrracing.com old sleds are still holding the records.
have them go to asphalt racing. triples still rule the world in pure motor class.
have them go to grass drags and look at the rules. the factorys basically ruled out old sleds and triples so the new stuff can compete.

as far as the ultra, there is a ton of used light weight parts out there for the indy body.

engine, how big do you want to go? i am 1000 cc on a 600/ultra bottom end. you can go as simple as some pipes/porting, heads and other things. or you can get an 800 xcr top end and pipes, or a 1000 to 1050 top end and be at 260+ hp in race form.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I dont know if this applys for your machine but my buddy had a XCR 600 triple with slp triple pipes and can, one of the quitest sleds ive ever heard.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, being that the sled will be used in SE Wisconsin, the sled will have to be quick out of the hole i guess. this part of WI is all woods and fields. so rarely will you ever need to be topping it out. i dont want to spend a whole lot of money and want to keep this sled reliable as it will be the back up sled to my apex. i know i want to get some pipes, clutching, add some boggie wheels, and maybe some gearing. ive worked a bit with polaris sleds and have some experience with fixing them and putting them back together but have never done any clutching. i weigh a buck sixty if that helps. specifics help alot so that i know what im looking for.
thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts