Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[}:)]People who walk their dogs (off the leash) and ride their horses on OFSC trails. [:(!] So I'm out for a cruise, it's getting on late in the afternoon...I'm doing the speed limit on the trail, because that's the kind of rider I am[:D]. I come upon missy out walking her two very large dogs right up the middle of the trail...no leash on either. So I say to myself "Self...slow down so you don't scare the nice doggies". So that's what I do, and the damn dogs proceed to attempt to attack me...on my machine! And missy just stands there looking at me like I'm a nut for being on the trail with a snow machine. Anyway if I wasn't such a lover of dogs I should have run them over...but then I would have put a dent and gotten fur all over my pretty ride! Just kidding I wouldn't run over anything[:p] But i felt like it! So a couple of days later I'm coming home from work ( I live in a place where I can go to work everyday by snow machine...10 minutes by groomed trail & lake) and it's getting dark. I come around the corner on an OFSC trail and what should be right there in the middle of the trail but two very large horses...riders and all. I mean come on...I'm paying for a trail pass to ride on groomed trails (horse poop free!) and I've got to yeild way to HORSES?!? They didn't have a trail pass stuck on their asses either! AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG[:(!]

·
Registered
614 Posts
Happened to me on Sunday to. I usually drive a little bit under the speed limit.... or ..... is it.....a little over.LOL. Maybe you didn't see their trail passes stuck to their noses .

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know where you all ride, but if its like around here on the Trans Canada Trail west of Ottawa, our clubs asked permission to use it in the winter, but it is a public trail. Horses and skiers must yield to snowmobiles though, but its their trail just as much as ours. The horse poop must stink when it gets in your track! lol

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have never seen anything on our trail except snowmobiles...and deer,but tose arnt owned by anyone so i guess there ok.Speaking of which I HATE deer.The other day i almost hit one goin 80 across a field(damn thing ran off,then came back right in front of me)!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have actually had encounters with several kinds of wildlife, Turkeys, Partridge, Deer and YES, even bear...(I know, I know, they are supposed to be hibernating, tell THEM that!) ....thatnkfully, I have NOT hit any deer or bear, but did run over both the turkeys and partridge...and they make an AWFUL smell too!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh yeah, btw Snogurl, I too hate it when we have to pay so much for trail passes, VAST, etc....and then there is "domestic" animals being controlled by owners in the middle of, or on the 'groomed' trail!
....................Chrome

·
Registered
28 Posts
ive seen mice deer moose and some kind of cat( couldnt see it well) on the trails

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Only thing i have seen on the trail is fools on cross country skis,pretty sure its a crime to run them over.but their not sopposed to be there

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
one kind of "Animal" I hate seeing on the trails DRUNKS! here in wisconsin i see alot of them on the trails, lakes, and rivers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i see a lot of them too. i'm also from wisconsin. every once in awhile i'll be the drunk but not to often. around here it's mostly just snowmobiles on the trails except in state forests and crap. but since i ride horse all the time. i'm kinda neutral on the whole thing. people riding 4-wheelers don't seem to car much when your riding horse. they just fly past and then you gotta deal with calming your horse down so you don't fall off.(broke both wrist riding horse before) but i kinda understand what your talking about.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by racing_girl
[br]every once in awhile i'll be the drunk but not to often.
Are you saying you ride your sled drunk once in a while???

If so, please give exact trails and locations so that TUSF Wisconsonites can stay away.

ZERO TOLERANCE IS THE ONLY WAY!

·
Registered
115 Posts
only around holcombe area. i don't like to ride the lake when i'm drunk. i go a lil to fast. but it's only once in a great while. so you don't have to worry much

·
Registered
586 Posts
Oh well, thats the way it goes when you ride snowmobile.I've seen deer, fox, coyote, turkey, rabbit, dogs, and many a drunk snowmobiler.You've gotta watch out for all that stuff.As far as manure goes, all the farmers around here spread shit all winter long, so it's just part of the game.[;)]

·
Registered
328 Posts
We don't have the dosmestic animal problem around here. Its deer, moose, theres one wolf pack in one of the areas we ride and we've seen them once, rabbits, couger, whiskey jacks and the very very odd mouse. I would hate to have to look out for manure, that would just stink.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i remember last year riding in yellowstone, and all the stupid buffalo just walk on trail like they own the place, i riding and know buffalo are a lil more dangerous than they seem, so i am all going way to side of trail going around, get bout 100 feet away, snap quick picture and press on, then u see the ppl that come fromt he city to ride in yellowstone, never seen a wild animal b4, stop bout 5 feet away from buffalo, shut sled off, get camera out, talk to their buddies, take pictures....

around here i dont see that much wildlife while riding and everything is wide open so not much chance of hitting anything, every once in awhile i see deer along the tree lines, hell, last year in this abondoned yard i pull in there and i counted 20 deer running outa trees, always gotta chase the rabbits around a lil too

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
fines for what?? no fines for chasing rabbits here, who gonna see u in middle of field chasing a white rabbit running on snow?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Guy I know was chasing rabbits with his sled. Natural Resources guy saw him, and he was fined like 20 bucks or something...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts