Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I'm not from the Peterborugh area, I'm from north of Kingston ON, and don't know the trails that well around here but I have noticed that there are a few S.F. ers that are frome here and thought it might be cool to get a ride together! So if anyone from either the Kingston or Peterborough area is interested lets here about it!

·
Registered
133 Posts
when do you get enough snow for sledding in the kingston area.How far north are you Verona, sydanham,Sharbot lake.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm from the Westport area actually... so if u have ever stopped at Ducks that's my favorite stop before and after a day of riding.
But yeah usually by the end of January we have enough snow for sure!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok thanks my cousins live down there and they keep telling me that they have no need for a snowmobile since they never get enough snow they say a quad is better. i guess they just are'nt snowmobile fanatics because a quad and a sled is like apples and oranges.hope you get lots of snow and welcome too sf.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's deffinately not the best place to be a sledder but I guess that's why we have trailers right? We have a quad to and straight up... It is horrible compared to sledding!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I cound'nt agree more i also have a quad i like quading but in the snow it sucks. But i like trying to get to my winter riding areas in the summer that can be loads of fun sometimes and sometimes it can be a b!#ch.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya pal it's just not the same. When I baught this lates sled my pops said he would pay for half of a new quad if I swtiched from sledding and well u can see what I chose!

Anyone from either of those areas wanna get a ride together or am I the only SF here?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by obsessed

Anyone from either of those areas wanna get a ride together or am I the only SF here?

Your not the only SF here,I am to but I can't go sleddin on the trails because the sled isn't actually mine it's my dads but I am the only one that rides it.If I could I would go sleddin with you>

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
there arent any trails that go to , from or through PTBO , you have to go a little farther north , at least to lakefield or buckhorn , the trails are gr8 from buckhorn to minden or haliburton or wilberforce !!! if i could go , i would , but i cant . maybe next year or somethin' !!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love2sled I found the trail that crosses Keene Rd. Just off of Television Rd. in PTBO I was just thinking of starting there and heading off to meet up with the group somewhere. I just heard that this general area (north of here) has some pretty good riding thought we could get together. oh and speeddemon I'm sure there are some good lake circuits around here once the lakes freeze we could prolly rip around a bit!

·
Registered
130 Posts
love2sled and i didn't get our trail permits this year because gas is to expensive and we don't go on the trails very much anyways. We mostly just go up to a friends hunt camp and drive around the lake and back roads.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahahahaha yeah I completely understand that! I do alot of my riding at home (Kingston area) on the back lakes as well but u guys know where to find me if u wanna hook up for a little off-trail fun!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm planning a trip in the Bon echo pasrk area have cottage looking for some people tp ride ans ice fish with....e-mail me if intereested

1 - 13 of 13 Posts