Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check ou tthis picture. Imagine howwet the poor guy is who was riding it.

[attachment=51035]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Seen another picture somewhere of a front view on a different sled. The whole front was one big piece of ice. I dont really see it as much of a problem though. Just a pain to knock off.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah, mine does that too.
[attachment=51037]

You don't actually get very wet. Some snow blows onto your back, but very little. The snow doesn't seem to reach my legs. It mostly just blows out the sides. As you can also see, that rider, as well myself, were riding in fluffy powder snow (I was riding in deeper fluff than that). The deep and fluffy snow seems to build up more and cake on. I went out today with less snow on the trails, and didn't have much build-up at all, most of the build-up in the picture above melted or fell off on the ride today.

There will probably be a bolt on snow deflector kit pretty soon to make it stop doing that. It doesn't really bother me that much. I like being able to see into the tunnel, it makes it easier to check for ice buildup.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
doesn't the exhaust being open in the tunnel help reduce the ice build up?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Eh, to a degree. It just changes where the ice builds up, for the most part. Instead of all the ice buildup being in the tunnel, it now builds up on the plastic around the exhaust. Since it doesn't have tunnel coolers, that helps a bit too to keep the ice down, but it still builds up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts