Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys on my phazer the end piece on teh tunnel is bending back. i have already bent it back into place once but don't want to keep doing it becuase it weakens it and it will break soon. does anyboady have a little trick to fix this problem and keep it from bending again? help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
1 word: Warranty.....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, warranty probably won't cover it because its from rider abuse. we called are dealer and there are three other sleds that have teh same problem and that was from jumping. so doubt they will cover it. also our dealer is 3 hours away so we just can't go and get it fixed.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Well maybe not a Mountain Lite, but a FX should be covered, since it is designed to ditch bang and jump, it's a common problem. On the other hand, I had studs installed and when adding the tunnel protectors (I used my old Polaris ones, Yami ones are $150, rip off) it stiffened the tunnel up a lot!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Take some sheet metal and helix weld it to the tunnel.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
You arent the first person to break a sled doing that. If they wont cover it under warranty, I would sugget adding braces or gussets to the tunnel to strengthen it.
Its not just a Yamaha thing, Ive read plenty of threads on other sites of people who broke the "flying nun" on their REV and cracked the bulkhead of their Fusion/IQ doing the same kind of riding you do.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the little pieces of tubing on the very back is what broke i have it jb welded and it looks clean and is holdong up ok for temporaily we gonna get some peices of plastic and make triangles and brace the back pieces with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts