Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is anyone out there running a Phazer? I'm wanting to find out what you think of it. Top end speeds??? Mountain climbing??

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
yes i ahve the phazer mtn light i have don some WOT runbs wiht it and heres my thouhts:
no it will not get u very high if your are going be be a little serious, it is a little short on power it has good torque this seld will be amazing for boondocking but it don't have the track speed u need to climb all that great. when i have done my WOT runs i was topping out at around 60mph. have not been out in the mtns yet this year.but i know a huy who has been in teh mtsn with his and he says the same as me. i have seen turbo phazers out there and they do pretty good there is already a 151 x 14 track available for the phazers too. i find this sled extremely fun to ride but the at the rate my skills in mtn riding are progressing and some of the riding i am doing i think i will be trading with my dad(he really likes the phazer and don't need the power) for his apex mtn. i have been riding that sleds lots so im going to take one sled out to the mtns one weekend for testing then the next weekend i'll take the apex and do a comparison. for me this is a tough trade off its either lighweight and great boondock capability or good power and a great climbing sled. its a tough choice that phazer is so damn much fun

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've ridden around 11,000 feet, I can hit 60, but I run out of room up here, too many trees.
But then again its not about going mach 10, the mtn is geared to go slower.

I've had alot of fun so far in my 150 miles, It is not a high marker, hell my 95 XCR, will
trounce all over the phazer in a high mark compitition, and probably drag race too.

But the phazer is so much more fun to ride in the trees, 1/4 throttle, and you can poke around
and play all day in the trees, its great to jump, and well i'm smiling all day when I ride it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts