Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a question for those who go to snowmobile rallys or poker derbys.
Has anyone ever seen a pro photographer there doing either fun group shots or sled action shots, then printing the photos right there.
I own a digital portrait studio and would like to use my Nikon digital camera, computer and Kodak photographic printer to take action shots of guys (and gals) on their machines (like blasting through powder, or jumping over a rise , or even just a group of people on their sleds),
then selling enlargements at the wind-up festivities afterwards.
Would any of you buy an good 8x10 shot of you, or you and your buddies on your machines? I know I would.
I was just wondering.
Might try this around here this winter if there is enough snow.
I hope everyone is saying their powder-prayers every night.
Any input would help.
Thx.
K

Ride to ride again.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I would though I don't go to those events. Only thing like that we do is SnoDeo in Old Forge. There isn't even enough snow when it happens though, we go cause they have the American Snowmobile Shootout of all the Manufacturer sleds for the starting model year(like this year the 2003s will be there) and some aftermarket companies go like Bender and D&D.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i would......lil to young for poker derbies tho...but that is a real good idea think, like pics on rollercoasters, and when ur skiing and stuff.

just take random pics and then display them for ppl and if they have a pic of them and want it, they can buy it, or u can just take a pic then tell thema bout it right away and ask if they would like to buy it at the end or something, but i think its a great idea either way u do it

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
You can go on a poker derby no matter what your age is around here. I went when i was like 12 and they were givin away a cash prize to the youngest person driving a sled. I think the winner was either a 10 or 11 year old. Anyway i won a t shirt

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i dont think anyone can go on poker derbies here, but i dunno, ive never heard of any one goin on em, cuz they always end up at a bar.....so i dunno

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, the ones in Maine seem to be real family oriented events.....kids, older folks, everyone. At the end there's always a hotdog roast or something. I've never actually been to one myself, but I've driven by areas where they were going on. The beers must come out latter though
of course AFTER the sleds are put away.

But as to the pictures, heck yeah, it sounds like a good idea. As long as they were reasonably priced, I'd buy one.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts