Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 144 pics all down the middle. My pattern goes 2, 4, 2, 4 with none on the outside band. My buddy has the same pics with basically the same pattern except when his pattern gets to the 2 pics they are on the outside band. His hooks up a lot better then mine and i am regreting my decision. If i take out the 2 pics that are together every other rib and put them on the outside band would the existing holes make my track rip? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
187 Posts
it does weaken the track some, but you should be ok. if you really want to, run a 1/4" red hot poker thru the holes to melt the fraying and rubber together. when you stud the outer belt, only stray from the centerline by about a quarter inch. the outer belts rip out a helluva lot easier than the center belt does. when that happens, you're kinda screwed. when the outers rip, i've seen many of those flap around with the stud still in them and poke a hole in the heat exchangers. he's hooking up better cuz he's got more scratch lines on the ground and the weight is distributed out more to get better penetration. depending on what you're running for a sled, you could probably get away with pulling some studs and just run 96 in a good
v-pattern. try that first before you punch holes in the outer belts. you might be surprised. -Polaris Doc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.