Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday on another site a local guy wanted to sell a 08 IQR roller....Didn't put a price or location but had some pics...site members inc. me were kinda flaming him for lack of info, all of a sudden he pops up a price....PM'd him and the rest is history.
He is bud's with T.J. Gulla and has a few of his sleds. Other than a few minor war wounds it is pretty clean. The white skis stayed there and I brought home some 2010 race skis with it.

2010699454690_3287.jpg

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Nice sled. What was the price?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Supposed to have alot of titanium goodies on it

I have a 05 I am either putting back together or parting out. Right now it will have blue plastics and a silver hood.....After I am done with the 08 I will know for sure what route I'm going with the 2005.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
dodger said:

Supposed to have alot of titanium goodies on it

I have a 05 I am either putting back together or parting out. Right now it will have blue plastics and a silver hood.....After I am done with the 08 I will know for sure what route I'm going with the 2005.
Whats it got for an engine?

Or are you putting the engine out of it into the chassis you got? cause I'm looking for an iqr chassis

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
MNSLEDNECK56308 said:
roller =no motor!
which is different from High Roller or Balla Status, that is reserved for MNSLEDNECK.

Seems like a reasonable pick up for a newer roller.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 08 will have a 600ves for now until I sell some goodies and do a 660. The 05 came with a 440 and will sell with or without.

I forgot to mention that the 08 came with a boss seat with a polaris wrap on it and a heated brake lever???? TJ must have cold fingers

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Well Roger, after our conversation on the phone as you were bringing that BAD AZZ ride home(if you guys could have only heard the excitement in his voice) I got to thinking, for starters you better edit your signature because I am sure once this is all said and done your not gonna have a garage full of wedgies anymore, second keep me first in line for the SKS as I am gonna bust azz for the rest of the summer so I can take that off your hands but am still trying to decide if I want it to come with the 1.75 track or the 1.25, I guess I have a couple of months to figure that out, third, when Brennan finds out you picked up another IQR he's gonna fall over, then once he picks himself up and regains his composure I'm gonna let him know about that motor setup that I picked up and then he's gonna fall down again, that is basically a secret squirrel right now as the only people that know about it are you and my wife, and she can't wait for me to get it setup in her sled to run it on the tar,with the big bore pipes I have coming its gonna be up around 155 HP, and once that season is over in October I have to decide if it will go in the orange sled or into the other project that I am building, so I guess I'm gonna be the one with a garage full of wedgies now along with the wife's Gen II screamer, anyway I think its gonna be one hell of a swap meet season this year as I can't wait to see what you bring out of the archive's, just imagine if you started listing all that stuff on here and over on HCS, the old big block guys are gonna puke when they see what you've been sitting on, good luck with the build on that awesome piece and I will talk to you again soon......Steve.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Steve,,,,Yes I was geeked. Not every day you can buy, fairly inexpensive, a piece of race history.(documented) The polaris title is cool also. I am just as geeked now after I unloaded it from the truck. A good once over and now the sticker removal begins.
I will always have the 98 XC7 wedgie....And the XCF as a loaner.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Damn, I guess I shoulda offered him $51 for it lol

The only thing I find odd about that "08" IQr is that it has the '09 front end, what's the word on that? Did TJ just convert his '08 race sled to be his '09 practice sled?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will have to ask,,,,,A member here was his mechanic and set the sled up for T.J. He PM'd me last night with a offer to buy and to answer any questions.

Never even thought about it having the newer spindles....good catch

I will post up more pics.......All decals were removed last evening.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spindles were prototypes that were used on racers prior to Polaris making them factory parts

The sled unmasked

2010610195521812_3287.jpg

2010610201811125_3287.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
nice sled for a pretty good price, ur pretty lucky to have a sled like that

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have to whipe the drool off my keyboard. [eek2]

·