Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this sweet sled for 125 bucks. All original and in pretty darn good shape! This thing has reverse, electric start, natural lock out, and this lever to release come compression so its easier to pull over.

Well i brought it home and started to check for spark, first cylinder nothing, then to get to the second cylinder you have to remove the gas tank, and the dash. Which isn't the easiest thing in the world. Defiantly no the easiest thing to work on [beatup] Second cylinder no spark. Damn, Im working on getting this engine out, but with all the extra "stuff" theres lots to disconnect.

Where should i start for trying to get spark, how can i test different things to see whats wrong?

Anyone else have one of these Johnson's?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Electric start works! [super]

Tomorrow going to be filing the points and hoping for spark. Once spark it should be up and running! [thumb]

R

·
0 Posts
Redneck13x said:
Electric start works! [super]

Tomorrow going to be filing the points and hoping for spark. Once spark it should be up and running! [thumb]
hey,I got a 70 johnson 437 with reverse! I'll get a picture tomorrow,if I can find this thread again!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet Deal! Would you be able to get a picture of a close up of the reverse hook up and everything. Im pretty sure im missing all that stuff cause someone took it out but i would like to get everything and hooked up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts