Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 ski doo mxz fan 440 3000 miles with reverse. I have to put a new top end in it going to bore it to a 500. The sled is in great shape almost mint.

Bought the sled for 1000.

http://www.sledswap.com/class/c/19889/2001-ski-doo-mxz-440f.html

That is the old add but take a look at the pictures.

· Registered
2,957 Posts
S-chassis was a good reliable sled, and your not going to be boring that 60cc's bigger. Its a fanner.

I thought you were looking for a sled that could take a beating and was good for stand up riding, not a little snappy 440 fanner that needs work.

· Registered
192 Posts
and now you remove the ad so we cannot see it again. lol.
you WERE the seller. sellers name on that ad was "snowmobileguy", same as your name here. and now that i pointed that out, the ad is mysteriously deleted. but i suppose that wasnt you either right?
not sure what kind of bullsh!t your trying to pull, buy it aint flyin here [thumb]

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Yea, i wouldnt ever pay a grand for a sled with a junk engine. Its a 440 fan, why fix it. I bought a perfect running low mile XLT for 500 bucks, that needs a track. Thats under 200 bucks, then i got a nice sled, better than a fan 440.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
So lets see, two new pistons, rings, gaskets, wristpins, boring, maybe crank seals. Whats that all add up to dood? No one would ever pay that around here for that, even being an 01 with reverse. Its a basic fan cooled thats been rebuilt. A fan shouldnt need a rebuild at 3000 miles.

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Having a dealer do all the work everything for 400 bucks so I will have all the papers on the rebuild. Yes around here they go for that much. I am happy with the buy let me worry about the rest kinda what you said about your xlt to everyone on the other forum!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.