Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headin up to worthington tomorrow to get her. 1999 ac powder special 600 efi 136 x 2 cant wait to get it. let alone ride it. The fealership is moving my black magic clutch kit my sno stuff rumble pack and my mountain cat handle bars off my 98 for me.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Sweet sleds. Always like the looks of the powder specials. Get some pics up. Got any snow there?

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
Should be a nice sled. Any specific reason for upgrading? You're really only gaining the long track aspect, as the ZR and Powder Special are very similar machines.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No snow around here. A bunch of buddies wanted me to go to jackson hole and out to steamboat with them and they all run newer rmk's and rev summits so i figured i ought to atlest get a longer track on my zr when i was at the dealer pricing the track and whatnot and the salesman told me about this machine and it was cheaper and less time comsuimg than extending the zr. So i traded it, I got a year newer and 500 less miles. BTW the mech, helping me load the sled told me the reverse on those machines dont like jumps or drops very much. Would I be better off taking the reverse off? Plus my rumble pack wont fit with the reverse linkage. The mounting bolt hole on the chaincase is used with the reverse set up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those are nice sleds, but be aware my A-C mech. told me that the stators in the '99 PS 600's are not the greatest artic cat has built. I have a buddy that has one and he has replaced it twice in three years. I test rode one and the thing went out as I was riding it!! But the sled I tried was rode pretty hard. And plus if my friend has any luck its bad luck. Just trying to relay some info.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah iv heard that from quite a few people fuzz man but thanks for tryin to help. I can see already ill be tradding this thing again next fall alread. Its clean and everything theres just too much little **** on it that is gonna give me headaches. I just hope it can make it this season without too many

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.