Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it is in great running order and the pictures looked good.
I'll put some pics up Sunday night.

Does anyone have one? Should it make a good vintage machine for rides?

Chime in if you have one or know much about them!

Thanks!)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the ebay pictures of it;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160427642586&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have this, i think its a 88 citation.
Even you can't beat the paitjob.
Not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well...I don't have any technical knowledge of them, but I do remember that when I was 10 (in 1980), I wanted a 3500 really bad. I was tired of my early 70s single Elan.

In the first pic in that ad, it looks like the skis are spread.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cooper30 said:
Well...I don't have any technical knowledge of them, but I do remember that when I was 10 (in 1980), I wanted a 3500 really bad. I was tired of my early 70s single Elan.

In the first pic in that ad, it looks like the skis are spread.
Yep, I noticed the toe-out also. It looks like they need to come in quite a bit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I can't say I have any experience with them. They look kind of like a economy performance sled, like a little brother to the Blizzard. Like the Jag was to the El Tigre. I found this:

http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/PP5777.html

It should have a 370cc fan cooled twin. It would make a great little vintage trail machine. The vintage rides I've been on are usually very slow paced and free airs will overheat very fast. I rode my little Moto-Ski 340 fan on the last ride I went on and it performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Citation 3500 is a 277 single.I have a 4500 wich is the twin. They are great sleds that one you picked up will make a great rider.I have talked to several guys who have them and the one thing they all say is you cant kill them they run forever.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got home with it. Have some work to do on it, but overall is in good shape to give it a fresh make-over.

trashman36 said:
Citation 3500 is a 277 single.I have a 4500 wich is the twin. They are great sleds that one you picked up will make a great rider.I have talked to several guys who have them and the one thing they all say is you cant kill them they run forever.
[thumb]Thanks for the info. and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got'er to fire up, but it wouldn't stay running. That's 'OK. I just needed to hear it fire. Now I'll tear the carb apart and give a good cleaning. Will check if it has correct plugs and gap also.

Took it to the upholstery guy Wednesday to inspect the seat. Going to have him make a new seat with extra firm foam and he is going to run a yellow bead around the top seam to match the hood.

Just found this guys restore video on a Citation SS...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXB_03EqGWU

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
I have this, i think its a 88 citation.
Even you can't beat the paitjob.
Not.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Rainbow Rocket! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just messin with ya. [thumb]

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This thing has the biggest oil reservoir I have ever seen on a sled. Does she go through the oil or something?... It looks like window washer fluid tub in my Jeep Cherokee:)

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
This thing has the biggest oil reservoir I have ever seen on a sled. Does she go through the oil or something?... It looks like window washer fluid tub in my Jeep Cherokee:)
Lol, hope she doesn't.
Have you gotten any pics of it yet? SOunds like a neat project

·
Registered
506 Posts
TRICKPaint said:
I had a 1980 Moto Ski Mirage I, its an identical sled exept for color to the Citation 3500. My sled was pre-mix. I'm thinking that the oil injection was added from a newer machine and maybe only had a windshield wash resevoir for a tank? I sold mine after I had trouble getting it to run right, cleaned carbs, new fuel pump and fuel lines and finally sold it. The guy that bought it from me said the kid ran it til it needed more gas. Once he put knew premium fuel in it it ran like a top! The only parts I replaced was the plastic rewind cog and the primary clutch to a Comet Duster. Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts