Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after a lengthy wait and saving up the funds I will be picking up my new to me 97 SKS 700 this weekend, this will be my new trail and general riding sled as my 98 XC 7 has been retired to ice racing duties only and the wifes 99 700 is our asphalt racer, I am buying this sled from a fellow SF member that is known on here as Dodger, I'm sure a lot of you are gonna ask what I paid for it but the price will not be disclosed as it was a special deal to me from him, I had bought a truck off him 6 years ago, and after putting 140,000 miles on it is still go strong for me, all I'm gonna say is if you are ever doing a deal to buy something from Dodger your gonna get what you paid for, he is a stand up no BS guy, he doesn't sell JUNK and is always fair when it comes to the purchase price of the goods he is selling, Thanks for working with me Roger and giving me the time to get this deal done, in two weeks I will get to try it out as my work schedule won't allow me to get out to ride until just before New Years weekend, I'm gonna make sure the 3-4 days I'm up there will involve as much seat time as possible.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
One of my all time faves. Looks in nice shape. Good score.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That sled is absolutely gorgeous, good find and nice to know that there is still good people to deal with, in stead of BS artist!!! Enjoy!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I always likes that green color. Looks like a nice sled.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Gotta love those 136" sleds. Exactly the reason my 98 XCR 440s are 136". 1 Extra-10 suspension & 1 Edge suspension. I agree on the sharp color and sled. Dodger will be out of "Wedgies" before long.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was wondering If you bought a trail sled yet! Should of know it was going to be a 700! Let me know will have to hook up and go riding

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tnmemr said:
Gotta love those 136" sleds. Exactly the reason my 98 XCR 440s are 136". 1 Extra-10 suspension & 1 Edge suspension. I agree on the sharp color and sled. Dodger will be out of "Wedgies" before long.
Yeah but he has a 98 XC 700 that is a all original low miles unit that he claims he will die with, 220 cylinder sled with less that 2000 original miles on it, I think he said something one time about building a glass display case for it or something like that, right now he has all but IQR on his brain, 2 of them as matter of fact, I think he still has a 97 XCF also, and the Pro-X, oh and not to mention his John Deere collection, I'll be traveling up to his place early Saturday morning to pick up the SKS, I am stoked but do have some work at hand as I have to swap out the 1 3/4 track for the 1 1/4 that I chose to buy it with.

98700xc said:
tnmemr said:
Yeah but he has a 98 XC 700 that is a all original low miles unit that he claims he will die with, 220 cylinder sled with less that 2000 original miles on it, I think he said something one time about building a glass display case for it or something like that, right now he has all but IQR on his brain, 2 of them as matter of fact, I think he still has a 97 XCF also, and the Pro-X, oh and not to mention his John Deere collection, I'll be traveling up to his place early Saturday morning to pick up the SKS, I am stoked but do have some work at hand as I have to swap out the 1 3/4 track for the 1 1/4 that I chose to buy it with.
98xc700 wrote
Over an hour ago
I was wondering If you bought a trail sled yet! Should of know it was going to be a 700! Let me know will have to hook up and go riding

And yes we need to get a SF Michigan ride in date and place set, I'm sure with a little leg work and a host>>>>hint,hint,(Dodger) we could have one hell of a brew ha ha for sure.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
yes I'm still keeping the 1998 Xc700 and the 1998 XCF. Trish is going to start the season on my XCF and graduate to the Pro-x....maybe.

I loved that Spruce Goose. I looked for years before scoring that ride and hate to see it go. A guy only has so much room, even with 3 garages. I know the sled is going somewhere where it will be appreciated and taken care of.

Good luck with the Goose Steve. I can't wait to get a ride going to see how you like her.

Mad-Boondocker said:
nice. 97 was the first year of Polaris put a 700 twin in a sled. also it had the cool colored head lol

2010320192120997_3287.jpg

Still a purple head

98700xc said:
And yes we need to get a SF Michigan ride in date and place set, I'm sure with a little leg work and a host>>>>hint,hint,(Dodger) we could have one hell of a brew ha ha for sure.
I'm all for a Mancelona group ride.....lets get a date and do it.

maybe we can get a date that jives with the races at Infinity Raceway or the East Jordan sno-fest....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
dodger said:
yes I'm still keeping the 1998 Xc700 and the 1998 XCF. Trish is going to start the season on my XCF and graduate to the Pro-x....maybe.

I loved that Spruce Goose. I looked for years before scoring that ride and hate to see it go. A guy only has so much room, even with 3 garages. I know the sled is going somewhere where it will be appreciated and taken care of.

Good luck with the Goose Steve. I can't wait to get a ride going to see how you like her.

Mad-Boondocker said:
nice. 97 was the first year of Polaris put a 700 twin in a sled. also it had the cool colored head lol

2010320192120997_3287.jpg

Still a purple head

98700xc said:
I'm all for a Mancelona group ride.....lets get a date and do it.

maybe we can get a date that jives with the races at Infinity Raceway or the East Jordan sno-fest....
hey, I want in on this ride boys

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
1-14 1-15 2011 is the east Jordan sno-blast..A fun time and good snow drags. This is about a 15-20 mile ride from my place in Mancy partially through the scenic Jordan Valley trail system.
Also the same weekend is radar runs at Infinity Raceway. Infinity is only 2 miles down the road and is a first class drag race track...We could have some grudge matches settled at the track if need be.

The following weekend at infinity is this race.....

JANUARY 22 - 1st ANNUAL “SHOOT-OUT” UNDER THE LIGHTS! 1st NIGHT RACE!
this sounds interesting as well.

I have some parking at my cabin. The BP station is 3/4 mile away and there is lots of truck and trailer parking there and the McDonalds next door. If that fills up there is a huge park and ride area on the south end of Mancelona (by Dura)that will accomidate many trucks and trailers.
I don't trail ride much between Christmas and new years due to the volume of riders on the trails. If I do, it will be early morning on the trails or boondocking.

How does mid Jan. look for everyone?

Also if anyone works Sat. or is like me, and do not enjoy trail riding with the sno x ers wannabes. I do a nice ride every Sunday morning. I ride up to the Jordan Valley trail council clubhouse for breakfast...Usually freshly groomed trails and a nice ride...If your interested PM me and I will forward a cell no. I have internet at the cabin so I can retreive my PMs always.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Thanks again Steve,
Good luck with that bad oscar. I think with a little tinkering you will have a lot of fun on it.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah Roger, I know, its still sitting in the back of my truck right now, I just went out to the garage and fired up the heat, gonna get into that old 93 XCR 440 and the Goose will be getting in there tomorrow, Brian is bringing his XC over also and were gonna spend Sunday working on them, the next 12 days could not go by any faster but I know they are gonna drag out to the bitter end, as for all of those that are interested in doing a SF Michigan group ride I will start a new thread soon, and will be requesting PM'ed phone numbers as if we are gonna do this it is gonna be done right and only SERIOUS people need apply for this event, a date will get agreed upon and then the week before calls will be put out to ask who is coming, so get ready and stay tuned for the upcoming thread for this event.

·
Registered
352 Posts
im all about the east jordan ride! anyone down my way want to go we can hook up and head north

1 - 15 of 15 Posts