Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i would like to install some picks on my xcr 600. the sled is stock exept for a 1 inch track from 02 xc 800. how many and how tall without damaging the front heat exchanger. oh yeh its has xtra 10

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well the number depends on how you ride, if your not to hard on your sled, then could get away with 120, But if your an agressive rider you should be looking at 144. As for length, and pattern I can't help you...

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
well, 144 is better for the track, but you may lose 2-5mph top end... (I think, not to sure tho)

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
614 Posts
I ride a zrt 600, which has more HP than your xcr [sorry about your luck, lol]
and I only use 96 studs, I ride fairly hard and have no problem. Two per bar up the middle.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
290 Posts
.875 stud for trail riding on that track 120 or 144 and with the extra 10 keep the track at 3/8" tension "10lb weight" with the studs

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Go to this link and click on "how to stud" on the left hand side.

http://www.sabertraction.com/

One of the things it says is that 96 studs on a 600cc machine is a track failure waitng to happen for all but the mildest riders.

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts